From YDS to the latest X1...

Current users of the YDS product should use this section of the forum to post questions/answers. This may not be moderated, but is here for existing YDS users to help other users get answers to their questions.

Moderator: Mods

From YDS to the latest X1...

Postby Anubis » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:30 pm

I installed the latest version of X1 Pro (trial) client today. Before that I was supposed to remove Yahoo Desktop Search (the latest "branded" version available) which I had used so far. The first impression is - almost the same as YDS. :)

However, what I'd like to know is about the recognizable file types - I also had YDS Expansion Pack installed before, which added several other formats to YDS' indexing ability. Does the latest free version of X1 include all these additional formats or not?

Also, is there any chance that this indexer could (like Copernic) also index Thunderbird's usenet folders?
Anubis

Postby w0qj » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:03 am

X1 Enterprise Client (both free & Pro versions) can index all files that YDS can.

Unfortunately XEC does not index for Thunderbird's usenet folders.

But the new Beta version of XEC does index for RSS feeds; you can give it a spin at the Beta Forums...

For a detailed comparison between X1 & YDS, pls see here:
http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?t=3016
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby mrwul » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:15 am

Note that YDS can be installed without admin.rights in office environment, X1 requires adm.rights.

I can still index a personal drive/partition and Outlook and for that reason I use YDS very, very often.

=
mrwul
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to YDS (Yahoo! Desktop Search) users