yahoo desktop ntdll.dll error crushes

Current users of the YDS product should use this section of the forum to post questions/answers. This may not be moderated, but is here for existing YDS users to help other users get answers to their questions.

Moderator: Mods

yahoo desktop ntdll.dll error crushes

Postby ekikos » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 am

hello,

i am using windows xp sp3. yesterday i downloaded and installed the yahoo desktop search and for a reason i cannot understand i keep getting an error ntdll.dll and the yahoo desktop simply craches. the error is as follows: "exception eaccessviolation in module ntdll.dll at 00037453. access violation at address 7c937453 in module ntdll.dll. read of address EBBFC153".

are you familiar with a solution to this issue.

i appreciate your help.

thank you.
ekikos

Re: yahoo desktop ntdll.dll error crushes

Postby Kenward » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 am

ekikos wrote:hello,

i am using windows xp sp3. yesterday i downloaded and installed the yahoo desktop search

This is now a long dead and not supported version of X1. Where did you find it? I don't think it is anywhere on the X1 site.

This bit of the X1 forum is for history's sake. If it doesn't have anything to help to solve your problem, then I doubt if there are any active users of that version of X1 who will be able to help.

If you do not want to pay for search software, then I suggest that you try one of the free alternatives. They won't offer the same facilities, but they don't cost anything.

One other thought, you could try to Google that error to see if it comes up with something. It may afflict other software.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to YDS (Yahoo! Desktop Search) users