mysterious PrivateIcon folder

You've got questions? We think we have some answers!

Moderator: Mods

mysterious PrivateIcon folder

Postby beery » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:34 am

Hi,

I'm using X1 Professional Client Version 6.5 Build 3693 with Notes 8.5.1 and my mails appears twice. Once is their "right" folder and one in a folder called "PrivateIcon". There is no such folder in my notes DB, and such folder is also not listed in X1 when selecting DB and folders. any idea?

Thanks,
Beery
beery

Re: mysterious PrivateIcon folder

Postby tjam » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 am

I got the same problem. I had a similar problem earlier, and then I discovered that it was because I had created a view in the mail database, which X1 indexed as a folder.
I don't have any extra views at the moment though, and still X1 indexes this PrivateIcon. I wonder how I can resolve this.
tjam

Postby beery » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi,

I have several such views and the way I workaround it is by Tools->Options->Indexing->Email->Lotus Notes->Select Database and Folders To Scan. There I deselect the views. One caveat though is that this will work only on future mails. Current mails are already indexed (one extreme way to get rid of these as well is to Clear Index Files, but I didn't try it)

Now, for some reason above does NOT work for me for privateicon, and so I would be happy to hear your experience.

--Beery
beery

Postby tjam » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:40 am

Which version of notes are you using? And What kind of mail template are you using? It's my suspicion this is related to the mail template.
tjam

Postby Tod » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 am

This issue with the PrivateIcon folder is actually fixed in 6.7.4. Please upgrade to the latest build and see if that fixes your problem.
Tod
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Return to Questions and Answers