Clearing Out Profile

You've got questions? We think we have some answers!

Moderator: Mods

Clearing Out Profile

Postby Jim Lievens » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 am

New user here...

I'm using a licensed version of X1 (6.7.4) as a tool for email discovery only. That's to say that I'm not using it to index any local files, or my own email, just selected PST files. I receive email files from my client and those are stored in local PST's. In the course of my audit project, I have the need to only index select PST files, and when I'm done with a phase of the project, I deselect those files and start with a new group. None of the files that I choose to index are open in Outlook, so I'm opening them through what I suppose is termed an "X1 Profile".

My question is how do I clear out the file selection in a profile? And I'm not talking about how to select/deselect the files. I want to clear out everything in the list of PST's in the profile. (Tools-Options-Email-Outlook-Select Folders to Scan). When that window pops up, any file that I've previously selected is still there, whether I'm actively using the file or not. I just want to clear out the entire contents of that window and select an entirely new group of PST's to index.

My interest in clearing them out is that sometimes a PST is named the same (even though it might be in a different folder). I just want to clear out the list so that there's never any confusion about which file I'm actually indexing.
Jim Lievens

Re: Clearing Out Profile

Postby Chris Wheaton » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:18 am

Jim - You should open X1. Go to Tools > Options > Email > Outlook. Click Select Folders to Scan. You should be able to simply click the listed PST and then use the Remove PST file button. When all are removed click OK.
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Re: Clearing Out Profile

Postby Jim Lievens » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:25 am

Too easy. Sorry I didn't consider that option.

Thanks, Jim
Jim Lievens

Return to Questions and Answers