High-featured Courier Email client, chm and swf files

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

High-featured Courier Email client, chm and swf files

Postby interested » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:32 pm

Greetings!

I have three feature requests:

(1) I am using one of the most feature-rich email clients in the world known as the Courier Email Client v3.5 at http://rosecitysoftware.com/courier/.

It was earlier known as the popular and free Calypso email client.

It has almost unlimited features which are difficult to get in Outlook even by incorporating hundreds of Sperry Addons etc. like for eg. it's revolutionary html/txt view/compose toggler for the email messages which is perhaps the only one in the world. It is also very cheap priced at only $30 for all the features it provides. I have had to but at least a 1000 bucks of Outlook Addons to come anywhere close to it's features.

One of it's great features is that it has a .box file like Outlook's.pst file but with the greatest advantage that it stores everything in one.box file including emails, address book, signatures, filters,and what not. The .box should be very simple to add in X1 search.

Can you please include the .box search functionality into the X1 Search? If you can do it, I will buy X1 immediately and that's a promise. The person in-charge of the Courier Email client development is Mr. Eric Salmassy courier-support@infinisource.com

I am sure with the vast features of the Courier email client, it will become more and more popular over the next few months especiallty when they release the next version 4.

The Courier forum is at http://www.windowsbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 and their Yahoo group is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/calypsomail

======================================

(2) I want X1 to also index chm and swf files which are very popular file formats.

=====================================

(3) Also will you be providing free upgrades for life?

Yours sincerely, SG.
interested

Better Email Clients - Like The Bat

Postby dejannenov » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:53 pm

I am sorry but I am not familiar with Courier. From the non-mainstream Email clients my favorite one is The Bat at http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

As you know, we are the only personal search product, to offer support for Outlook, Eudora, Mozilla, Thunderbird and soon Lotus Notes. We would love to add support for every email client out there, but please be aware that we do need to pay the bills too - so offering to buy one copy of X1 is not quite enough to cover the expense of adding support for any one email client.

The good news is that we are working on an SDK that would allow 3rd parties to add support for their specific data - sometime in the next 3 months Courier, the Bat and anyone else interested will be able to integrate with X1.

.CHM, .SWF and other file formats are very much on our target list. Stay tuned – they are coming.

I am certain that if X1 becomes free one day, then unlimited lifetime upgrades and support will also be available for free. At this time we like to believe that X1 is not another also-ran desktop search product and that we offer some things worth paying for.
Dejan Nenov
former chief geek, X1
dejannenov

Re: Better Email Clients - Like The Bat

Postby Joe Cool » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:43 am

Did I miss something? Is there any news concerning the SDK? C´mon, the 3 months are over and I really would like to see support for The Bat!

Joe

dejannenov wrote:I am sorry but I am not familiar with Courier. From the non-mainstream Email clients my favorite one is The Bat at http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

As you know, we are the only personal search product, to offer support for Outlook, Eudora, Mozilla, Thunderbird and soon Lotus Notes. We would love to add support for every email client out there, but please be aware that we do need to pay the bills too - so offering to buy one copy of X1 is not quite enough to cover the expense of adding support for any one email client.

The good news is that we are working on an SDK that would allow 3rd parties to add support for their specific data - sometime in the next 3 months Courier, the Bat and anyone else interested will be able to integrate with X1.

.CHM, .SWF and other file formats are very much on our target list. Stay tuned – they are coming.

I am certain that if X1 becomes free one day, then unlimited lifetime upgrades and support will also be available for free. At this time we like to believe that X1 is not another also-ran desktop search product and that we offer some things worth paying for.
Joe Cool

Postby Kenward » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:08 pm

By coincidence, I have been talking to another software team that would like access to an SDK so that it could plug into X1.

Onfolio grabs local copies of web pages and stuff. I can't search the "native" format with X1. I have to export to a bunch of local html files.

Not efficient. Much better to get X1 to work with Onfolio.

This is, by the way, supposed to be possible with Microsoft's searcher.

Providing this sort of facility for third party developers to make their stuff X1 searchable is essential if Microsoft isn't going to blow you out of the water.

Maybe this is something that has been happening in the ominous silence of recent months.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:06 am

Kenward wrote:By coincidence, I have been talking to another software team that would like access to an SDK so that it could plug into X1.

Onfolio grabs local copies of web pages and stuff. I can't search the "native" format with X1. I have to export to a bunch of local html files.

Not efficient. Much better to get X1 to work with Onfolio.

This is, by the way, supposed to be possible with Microsoft's searcher.

Providing this sort of facility for third party developers to make their stuff X1 searchable is essential if Microsoft isn't going to blow you out of the water.

Maybe this is something that has been happening in the ominous silence of recent months.

It is. In addition to XEE, we've been working on a SDK package.

It's on the plan of record to have the beta available by Q4.
Rob McClinton
Director of Customer Care, X1

My manager is Josh Jacobs
President, X1
Rob
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Any news / updates on SDK?

Postby ashwinkumar » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:01 pm

Rob, others @ X1,

Q4 is here ... Any news on the SDK?

I am a user of TheBat! who has had to temporary move to Outlook just so that I could enjoy the revolutionary search platform from y'all. But its painful dealing with Outlook ... and I sorely miss Bat!! :cry:

If the SDK cannot get on the roadmap, can I incentivize someone in your development organization to spend a couple of days over a weekend to provide a prototype or hotfix to support TheBat 3.x? I could play host if they plan to visit India, for example!!

As you can guess, I am dying here....

- Ashwin
ashwin@ashiana.com
ashwinkumar

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes