Web Tab needs a lot of work

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Web Tab needs a lot of work

Postby brent » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:33 pm

Hi,
Being on the Web tab tends to slow down the user interface unacceptably while it is working (doing what isn't clear).

I look and see a bunch of favorites that I want to get rid of but can't simply select them and click the delete key. I have to use the "-" key on the right side and even that only works for one favorite at a time. This tab could be great but for now it is basically unusable.

Under options there is only one button for this tab and would appreciate a better explanation as to what the heck it does.
brent

Build index of files in Favorites and History

Postby asargent » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:54 pm

Like some of you, I'm a user of the Google toolbar. It's interesting to consider how X1 could provide some kind of web search that's really above and beyond what the Google toolbar can do. Here are some ideas... perhaps the rest of you have other ideas in this area.

- Build index of files in Favorites and History for IE and Netscape. Combine this index with the "local files" index. When searching for files, X1 provides hits of both local files and Internet-based files.

- Once files in Favorites and History are indexed, index all the files they link to, and keep following links like this.

- Do a "breadth first" traversal, not a depth-first traversal.
asargent

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes