Wish for thumbnailed view of pictures

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Wish for thumbnailed view of pictures

Postby rvoith » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:58 am

It's ok to search for pictures "as it is" in X1 right now. But compared to for example ThumbsPlus or the built-in thumbnail view in explorer, I find it a bit cumbersome to pick the exact image in X1.

What if X1 could show (yep, make it selectable) the results of a Picture search as thumbnails instead of a list of filenames ?
rvoith

Postby w0qj » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:50 am

Yes, a Tabbed pane for the following functions:
a) thumbnail view of image/files in one Tab
b) File Preview in another Tab (as it is now),
c) Folder-Tree-View in yet another Tab, for users to move/rename/copy/delete files directly within X1.

Picasa2 is another program that give a good Thumbnail View of images by folder.
use thumbnail by-folder view to very quickly see what image files are there, and then Directly_Use_Picasa2_to_Move_and_Delete_Image_Files just like a Windows Explorer.

pls see:
http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?t=14 ... e91512727d
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

I hope for maximum flexibility ...

Postby rvoith » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:25 pm

Right now I use ThumbsPlus from Cerious Software as my main image organisator. It indexes and generate thumbnails, which is stored in a database. Of course the database occupies space. Graphical thumbnails must use some space.

What I like about the X1 options, is that you can to some extent *select* how much you want to index. I would therefore love to see real image indexing and optional thumbnailing.
rvoith

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes