Request for use of tab to navigate

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

I would love the above tabbed behavior

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 3

Request for use of tab to navigate

Postby randhirv » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:38 am

For those of us who love the keyboard shortcuts, the tab behavior is frustrating. Ideal behavior is when X1 loads, the focus is on the text input box - when I tab, I would like it to go to the 'from' field instead of to the first email itself, and from then on to the next field/s with each tab.

Are there others who would enjoy the correct tab behavior??
randhirv

Postby w0qj » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:10 pm

1. Yes, it would be very helpful to make pressing [Tab] to switch between the many different search textbox instead!

Historically, the [Tab] was used to "focus" the cursor on the different Panes (eg: Results_Pane, Preview_Pane) so that one can rapidly move up & down these 2 panes (which i find not that useful--i use the mouse anyways).

2. Also, i've also previously asked for Results_Pane to add buttons for [Find_Next] and [Find_Previous] button for search for the next results only within the Previewed_Document.
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby w0qj » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:37 pm

Many thanks to X1 again for listening to us users!

The v5.2 Beta1 Build 1852al has implemented [Tab] to switch from textbox to the next textbox in the [Refind_Search] text boxes (ie: column header searches for From/To/C.C./Subject/Date/Folder/File_Name/File_Size].

1. One gripe:
Is is possible to [Tab] from the [Search_body_Text] textbox (the one with Search/Clear/Save_AS) directly to the [From/To/C.C./Subject/Date/Folder/File_Name/File_Size] search textboxes?

Usually many users do this:
a) type in body text search info
b) type in additional search info for From/To/C.C./Subject/Date/Folder/File_Name/File_Size

Many thanks in advance!
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes