Can't delete Calendar, Tasks, Contacts from Searches

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Can't delete Calendar, Tasks, Contacts from Searches

Postby bgfraser » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:24 am

Fantastic product! Beats all the others hands down!

Still could be better:

I don't use Outlook. Therefore the searches for Calendar, Tasks and Contacts are useless clutter. But when I open up the Searches pane, the "delete" option is greyed out for those three items.
Bruce Fraser
bgfraser

Postby bgfraser » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:21 pm

I agree: your quotation marks around 'solution' indicate that this hardly qualifies as a fix.

Although it does indeed get rid of the unwanted searches in the "All Searches" window, they are still there in the "Favorite Searches" window.

Furthermore, I don't use the Search pane at all. The excess clutter I'm trying to get rid of are the icons in the main window, directly underneath the menu bar. These are a mirror of the list in the "Favorite Searches" window, and also remain untouched by your suggestion.
Bruce Fraser
bgfraser

Postby goggin » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:53 pm

If you're not using the Searches pane - you can just turn it off. View > Searches Pane will toggel the pane on and off. Altenatively you can use the "grippers" on the dividing bar between the Searches pane and the Search Results list to drag or toggle the Searches Pane closed. (This last tip also applies to turning the Preview pane on/off).
goggin
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby bgfraser » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:55 am

Sorry, I am not being clear enough.
When I wrote "I don't use the Search pane at all," that was meant to imply that it's not even present, as goggin suggests.

Back to the main issue: "The excess clutter I'm trying to get rid of are the icons in the main window, directly underneath the menu bar. "
Bruce Fraser
bgfraser

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes