Index MSG Files

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Index MSG Files

Postby riccardojaeger » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:31 am

Our controlling department runs X1 Team Edition as searching and indexing solution.They store mails with attachments in Microsofts .msg format.We give the .msg file type to be content indexing by X1.X1 index the Mail Body and the title of the attached document- but it doesnt index the content of the attached document.
That function would be important for us.
riccardojaeger

How about mbx files outside the registered e-mail accounts?

Postby billyjc » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:55 am

The other day I sent an e-mail about a similar problem, which annoys me very much. X1 can only index mbx files under the e-mail account that is registered. If you happen to have an archive of old mbx files on another partition or HD, forget it -- X1 will not index them as one would expect. You may even force options to index them, but you still cannot view their contents, because X! will prompt an error message like "this type of file cannot be read or indexed" or rather. :cry:

Strangely, the support staff keeps shrugging of this issue by implying (between the lines) that "nobody ever complained about it, so why should I worry about you?". It´s rather unacceptable having to put up with such lackadaisickal attitude after you have paid for your software.

No wonder you have a lot of people just trying it and dumping it. I should have dumped it, had I not discovered this later.

It seems they didn´t care about *my only* complaint and never will..... :twisted:
billyjc

Re: How about mbx files outside the registered e-mail accoun

Postby Kenward » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:04 pm

billyjc wrote:
No wonder you have a lot of people just trying it and dumping it. I should have dumped it, had I not discovered this later.

This is an interesting observation. Where can I find the evidence of "a lot of people just trying it and dumping it"?
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes