Deskbar customization in 5.5

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Deskbar customization in 5.5

Postby akidd » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:53 am

I've been a registered user forever. I love the product. However, one thing I truly despise, and many, many others have posted here that they dislike is the inability to customize the deskbar buttons.

I don't have time to closely follow the betas, but I thought 5.5 was finally going to have this feature. I don't want the back/forward buttons or any of the specific search catagory buttons?

I sent this request to support, they said it was often requested and TBD. Well if it is in 5.5 I can't grok it. The custom toolbar for the search interface seems pointless IMHO. I just want to customize deskbar.

I have a WMP, and Itunes and Quicklaunch toolbar already too. Does X1 really think I want a whole taskbar devoted to x1? Or a whole line on a double height taskbar?

Come on guys! Often requested??? Several YEARS of requests??

I hope I'm just missing how to do this in 5.5.
akidd

Postby w0qj » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:19 pm

Yes! You can customize the X1 Deskbar:

http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?t=1904

-You can remove some of the Deskbar buttons (eg: [Inbox] or any other "Tab" button you like).

-Don't think you can remove the Left/Right arrow buttons though.
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby akidd » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:03 pm

although I appreciate your post, this *still* isn't what I want.

I want to remove the x1 button and the back/forward buttons AND I want to have favorite searches in the search UI.

That seems so obvious I can't believe it isn't implemented.

Why do I want the x1 button with the x1 combo box on the taskbar??? They both invoke the search UI. And I can go back and forward by using the combobox "history" (up down) without those buttons???

It would be better if the x1 button (or something like it) allowed me to select favorite searches and I could resize the combobox horizontally any size I want.

Come on x1. Let me set properties on the deskbar itself - not change the way other toolbars work. It is a unique object and it is used (at least by many of us) differently than the search UI!!! You could satisfy everyone by have default deskbar settings be the same as they are currently.

ARGH! Maybe 6.5?
akidd

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes