Another Magellan-like feature I thought of

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Another Magellan-like feature I thought of

Postby dougsilver » Sat May 13, 2006 11:40 am

Pardon my always harping on Magellan but that old Dos application is still amazingly good, even under Windows. Anyway, one feature that I liked was that after the initial search for files containing one or more key words or phrases, there was a preview panel much as X1 offers. However, in Magellan, there was the ability to further search for different text throughout the files that were found for previewing. For example, I have reports for various building types (e.g., masonry, steel frame, concrete, etc).

I might start by doing a search using the phrase "shear wall" which might find dozens of reports I have done that are ready for previewing. Then I want to further screen those several dozen reports for the words "post-tensioned". This second step of searching was easy to do with Magellan but not so obvious for X1.
dougsilver

Postby dougsilver » Sat May 13, 2006 12:03 pm

OOPS--I guess what I am trying to do can be done using CTRL-F once within the preview window. I am not sure if this secondary search will stick when going to the next file in the preview window but I guess I will try and play around and see.
dougsilver

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes