X1 very sluggish showing items

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

X1 very sluggish showing items

Postby djlewis » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:08 pm

It's pretty darn slow just entering search criteria. But once I get through that and click on a title, it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to show that actual article. I often give up waiting and do something else. If I am impatient, I click on "reply" which at least shows me the body of the item in about, oh, 5-10 seconds rather than essentially never.

I keep hoping that this will be fixed in some release, but it persists.

I have 1GB of ram and a standard 80GB notebook drive that is about half full. But this also happens on a 1GB desktop with a 7200 RPM drive that is nowhere near full. So I doubt that throwing hardware at it will help. I'm running XP Pro and 5.5.1 of X1.

Why, for example, does "reply" get the item body faster than just clicking on the title? Somehting is wrong with the logic of the program, not to mention sheer performance.

--David.
djlewis

Postby w0qj » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:32 pm

A) Hmm... are you sure it's not a general Windows OS problem?

I also have a notebook computer with 1 GB of memory, had a 5400 RPM hard drive with lots of space left over (and defragmented), Pentium M 1.7 GHz (roughly equivalent to about 3 GHz Pentium IV desktop CPU) and never had the stuttering problems you've mentioned (I've been using XDS since v3.0).

Actually, I have a secondary notebook computer with Win'98se, 256 MB RAM, 700 MHz CPU, 4200 RPM hard drive, and it works fine without any UI delays...

B) If above don't work out, did you know that you are entitled to one year's free technical Premium support to sort this out for you (if you have previously purchased a XEC/XDS Licence for v5.5.2 or below).
http://www.x1.com/support/

By now you should have received an email from X1 for more details, including your username and temporary passwor to enter this support portal.

If you experience any issues with your password, use the form here to report it:
http://www.x1.com/support/customer_care
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Solved -- needed to store e-mail bodies in index

Postby djlewis » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:12 pm

I had not selected the option to store e-mail bodies in the index. That fixed it. It costs nearly 1 GB, but it's really worth it!

BTW, I don't believe I ever received the contact from support that was promised. At least, such a message does not show up in X1 !

--David.
djlewis

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes