Allow full exit to release Outlook files to the repair tool

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Allow full exit to release Outlook files to the repair tool

Postby CarolHaynes » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:00 pm

It would be really useful if you could either fully exit X1 (without having to go into task manager to remove items that don't exit from the systray icon) or preferably be able to suspend access to files such as Outlook.PST so that you can run the Inbox Repair Tool.

Currently if you run the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool it can't access the PST files because it needs exclusive access but they are in use by X1.
CarolHaynes

Re: Allow full exit to release Outlook files to the repair t

Postby Kenward » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:29 am

CarolHaynes wrote:It would be really useful if you could either fully exit X1 (without having to go into task manager to remove items that don't exit from the systray icon) or preferably be able to suspend access to files such as Outlook.PST so that you can run the Inbox Repair Tool.

Currently if you run the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool it can't access the PST files because it needs exclusive access but they are in use by X1.

See what happens when you just stop indexing.

You don't need to shut down everything X1 to repair, or backup, your PST files.

It would be nice, though, to be able to tell X1 to "go offline" at pre set times. I have to tell my backup software, SyncBack SE, to shut X1 before it does its thing. And that sometimes fails and I get errors in SyncBack.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby CarolHaynes » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Thanks - yes that does work. Cheers.
CarolHaynes

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes