Bugs or missing features?

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Bugs or missing features?

Postby prazim » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi,
I am new to X1 desktop although it is part of Eudora which I use. I immediately noticed some things which I have reported as bugs on the X1 bug report form, as they seem so obvious to me I assume their absence must be a mistake, but after reading some of the posts here, I'm not so sure!

1. ability to index USB & DVD drives
2. X1 isn't using my Windows Theme fonts
3. X1 doesn't have a column for status of email message, even though it is integrated with Eudora which has several different categories for saved messages. (draft, queued, sent, received, forwarded, replied, etc)
4. Inline graphics in email messages don't show up in the preview window.
5. My IM messages aren't indexed (Trillian for MSN, Yahoo and AIM)
6. A mouse over of the system tray icon doesn't report degree of indexing
7. There is no obvious way to use one's default search utility if it isn't Yahoo.
8. There seems to be no way to specifiy appearance preferences including fonts and color.

I am hoping you are about to come out with something "new and improved" that fixes these things. Please let us know!
Thanks!
Sue
prazim

Postby Kenward » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:16 am

These are mostly not bugs, but the way that X1 works. You might like to add them to the feature request section.

For example, hunt around and you will find a lot of stuff on indexing USB drives. (There are ways to achieve this.)

As to indexing Eudora, have you investigated the columns that you can add to your X1 display? I no longer use Eudora, so I do not know if you will be able to add a "status" column. It is certainly available in Outlook.

Methinks a little more time spent with the manuals and FAQs will make your life a little less frustrating.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby prazim » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:51 am

I thought this was the feature requests section as it is called "fature requests and gripes" Please provide the link to the correct section and I will place my enhancment requests there.
Thanks!
Sue
prazim

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes