Folder settings lost - again

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Postby BillChapman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Every week or so, I make a backup copy of my entire X1 folder and subfolders. With earlier versions I learned I could just copy this back after a disaster, rather than wait 2 or 3 hours to rebuild the indexes after clearing them. Luckily, with 5.6.2 I've not had to use the backups I've made.
BillChapman
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby FroggyDew » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:06 pm

Same here! It's driving me insane. The folder settings seem to go back to an "index all folders" state every time I install a software. Could it be due to the way X1 remembers the location of the folders, with adding new folders making a mess in it?
My X1 indexing folders are 4Gb big, so I'm not that keen to move them around every time I change something on my computer...
It would be great to have somebody from the company clarifying this point...
FroggyDew

Postby w0qj » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:42 pm

Did anyone try copying the barsettings.ini file, reinstall new version of XEC, then copy the old barsettings.ini back? Does it work?

(I have not tried this).
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Kenward » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:10 am

The easy way to avoid forgetting that sort of thing, and running the risk of being shouted at (moi?) is to put basis details in the signature.

For example, you and I have been complaining about sluggish behaviour. (X1 that is, nothing personal.) It is hard to get a handle on that if you don't know how powerful the PC might be.

I know mine is old and knackered. But I can't face the thought of building another one yet and reinstalling all that software.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Tod » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:21 pm

Can you send in to X1 a copy of your INI file that has the duplicated file scan setting?

Not sure why they are getting duplicated, but this may be the ultimate cause - if it sees two copies, it ignores both.

By seeing exactly how it is getting added to your file, it might be enough to let us duplicate the bug in our environment.
Tod
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby Tod » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:36 pm

OK, tried to duplicate what you were seeing, but was not able to. It still seems like it is the registry that is getting locked or restored or confused that is causing this setting confusion. We will continue to look at it.
Tod
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes