View Next Occurrence In Present Document

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

View Next Occurrence In Present Document

Postby nkormanik » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:37 pm

I see that this very question has now been asked for several years, going back to 2004..... (good grief!) .....But here goes again:

Is there yet NO way to view the next instance of some term in the present document??? Nice for X1 to scroll to the first instance. Super. How about letting us press a button or key, and moving on to subsequent instances.

Comments please???

(For comparison, look at what Copernic Desktop Search has. X1 indexes a lot faster than Copernic, so, no, I don't want to simply use that competing product.)

Thanks,
Nicholas
nkormanik

Postby Kenward » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:21 am

I see that this very question has now been asked for several years, going back to 2004..... (good grief!)

Weren't there any answers?

You might want to read the Help file.

Search for "next".

Look at "Keyboard shortcuts".

Reel back in amazement as you read:

Navigation Shortcuts
DOWN ARROW

Move down one folder in the Searches pane.

UP ARROW

Move up one folder in the Searches pane.

PLUS (+)

If focus is on the results pane, shows the next file in the results list in the Preview pane. If focus is on the Preview pane, highlights the next search term in the selected item.

Heaven only knows why people were asking that question so long ago. This has always been a feature of X1 from as far as I can remember.

If this isn't what you want, maybe you could explain your problem in more detail.

Anyone still seeking solutions to such basic issues might benefit from a bit of time with the Help file and manual. It is an important part of the software. If you have missed that then there may be other really neat tricks that you could use.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby w0qj » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:28 am

There's been suggestions made previously that X1 can add [Next] and [Previous] to jump to the next search hit in the document...

We'll put your posting into the Feature Request Forum for you!
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes