X1 automatically indexes external USB drives

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

X1 automatically indexes external USB drives

Postby stodd » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:25 am

I have plugged USB drives into a couple of X1 machines recently. In both cases X1 unilaterally decided that it should index these drives.

Often that might be a good choice, but it wasn't in either of these cases. Is there any control over this?
stodd
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby w0qj » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:43 am

Try Tools>>Options>>Files>>[More_Indexing_Options], and disable the external USB hard drive indexing from there.

On a personal level, may I ask what brand of external USB hard drive are you using? I actually WANT X1 to index my external USB hard drives, but it does not do this.

(For most users, X1 does not index my external USB hard drives. This function was disabled since XEC v5.2.3 )
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby stodd » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:12 am

Thanks. I had managed to stop the indexing that way; after it had happened and I had noticed.

But what I don't like is that as soon as I plugged the drive in first time (or at least first time since X1 install), X1 decided to index it without asking me. ~~ I've just double checked and yes that is correct.

I have two external drives, Packard Bell Store & Save 3500, and ATMT. X1is able (and all too willing) to index them both.
V6.1 build 3575.
stodd
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Re: X1 automatically indexes external USB drives

Postby leeuniverse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Well.... I'm hoping that "that version" will actually index external drives, because it's the latest version that doesn't give me the ActiveX error when the preview pane displays a webpage with Flash on it. Will be going home tonight to test the drive.

It seems that the Flash error only occurs on ALL the newer DOT NET versions.

I tried also the 5.2.3 version; however, while the indexing external drives worked, for some dumb reason the HTML viewing/preview was completely broken. Not a single webpage would show. It would only give the standard browser "cannot display webpage" error page.

Anyone know how to fix that just in case 6.1 doesn't work?

Wish me luck.... :)
leeuniverse

Re: X1 automatically indexes external USB drives

Postby leeuniverse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Well.... I tried 6.1 and it doesn't recognize my External Drive either.
There is some "float" error problem with that one also.
Well, gonna keep trying.

Hey X1... Could you fix the ActiveX problem with the current versions? Thanks
leeuniverse

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes