Search truly "everything at once"

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Search truly "everything at once"

Postby randyhortonchi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:42 am

I would like the option to search truly everything at once, including all emails, documents, music, photos, etc.

This feature was available in my old version of X1

I did a low-fi mockup of what the left hand navigation bar would look like if he had this option: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz2ih2KPWDPsOTVMT1ZMOENTVkduOXduYWhUc3VLUQ
randyhortonchi

Re: Search truly "everything at once"

Postby Kenward » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:00 am

Which version of X1 are you referring to?

You have posted in "Feature Requests and Gripes". What you want is already a feature in the current production version of X1.

It is also gradually appearing in the beta version of X1 Pro. (Your diagram seems to be one version behind current.)

As X1 has already promised the return of what is known as consolidated searches, you might want to chip in on that subject over in the area where the beta versions are the subject of discussion.

Indeed, I raised this very issue this morning, after the new version landed with an "Everything" function that I do not fully understand.

It does not seem to do what you, or I, want. But who knows where we will be before the final version of X1 Pro surfaces?
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes