OS X version

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

OS X version

Postby willcasp » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:34 pm

I was also a user of Magellan. I am doing the free trial on my PC, but I am also someone who has recently switched to a PowerBook G4. I use the PowerBook more than the PC now.

I am noticing more Macs on planes and they are getting much more popular in the technical computing community.

Are there any plans for an OS X release? If so, when. If not, why not?
willcasp

Re: OS X version

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:18 pm

willcasp wrote:I was also a user of Magellan. I am doing the free trial on my PC, but I am also someone who has recently switched to a PowerBook G4. I use the PowerBook more than the PC now.

I am noticing more Macs on planes and they are getting much more popular in the technical computing community.

Are there any plans for an OS X release? If so, when. If not, why not?

Well you're right about the growing popularity of Mac OS X. We do receive a lot of requests for a Mac version of X1.

Currently, there are no plans to do a port to OS X. That could change as we do our best to stay aware of the needs of the marketplace.

The only real challenges are time and resources. As a small company we have to be very balanced about how we focus our limited resources. That said, there are quite a few Mac users here so I wouldn't be surprised if we found a way to make a Mac version a greater priority.
Rob McClinton
Director of Customer Care, X1

My manager is Josh Jacobs
President, X1
Rob
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

OSX Support

Postby StrangleMac » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:18 am

Any news on this? We've got several licenses of X1 and we're moving over to Mac with the bulk of our workstations and we all use X1 on a pretty regular basis, so support for Thunderbird, Entourage, etc would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanx in advance!
StrangleMac

Postby derb » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:26 am

Let me add to this that I have now got Tiger on my Mac and it doesn't come anywhere close to X1's functionality (at present at least!) - count me as one more vote for X1 for Mac!
derb

Postby afoessel » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:49 pm

Just to indicate X1 that I am moving to Mac at home and I'd love to have X1 on the Mac. Also, I may even buy my own MacBook Pro for work and return the company supplied laptop. That's how badly I'm liking the Macs.

One more datapoint for your market assessment. :)
afoessel

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes