X1® Professional Client Raptor Release Candidate 2

X1® Professional Client Version - Raptor builds (both Beta and Release Candidates)

Moderator: Mods

Postby Greg Dawes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am

(Build 3995) (Created: Mon Jan 11 14:06:03 PST 2010)

This new build is an update to the Raptor RC (release candidate).

Some things you should try out:
  • General searching and look for responsiveness of the results pane
  • Multiple term searching
  • Sorting results by multiple columns or reversing sort order on a given column
  • Switching tabs
  • Test Outlook Real Time Indexing (on all your folders now)

NOTE: Installing this build requires that .NET 3.0 or higher be installed on your computer. Here is the link to the latest .NET 3.5 SP1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

-----------------------------------------------------

You can download the X1 Professional Client Raptor Release Candidate 2 by using this link: http://www.x1.com/cs/x1_pro_client_dotNet_3995.exe
Note: The Raptor Release Candidate 2 will function until February 17, 2010, by which time we will either have already posted an updated release candidate or announced the release of the next GA (generally available) version.

**Important Considerations**
- KNOWN DOWNGRADE ISSUE: Downgrading from X1 Professional Client Raptor to 6.2.x (or lower) while saving settings will cause issues in the X1 index that prevent the application from launching. If you plan to downgrade from X1 Professional Client Raptor, uninstall the X1 client WITHOUT saving settings.
- Remember that we always advise that you uninstall any currently installed version of X1, without saving your settings/preferences, before installing any beta build
- Please restrict all comments regarding this release to this section of the forum
- Any user upgrading from 5.5.5 or previous will be required to rebuild their index files.

-----------------------------------------------------

Release Notes:
New Features (available on the X1 eDiscovery Client)
The X1 eDiscovery Client is a new version of the X1 Professional Client designed for the electronic legal services market. Contact sales at sales@x1.com for a trial of the X1 eDiscovery Client.
  • The content export feature now allows for full content export for locally indexed items, including files, email, contacts, calendar items, and tasks.
  • Extended content export capability for removable drives
  • Allow additional columns to be sorted when primary sort column is the tag or annotation column

New Features/Enhancements in the X1 Professional Client
  • Major enhancements to RTI Oulook to make it faster and cover your entire mailbox and non-default profiles
  • Improvements to overall speed of results after searching
  • Improved the column search speed
  • Better preview for files located within ZIPs
  • Implemented version 8.3.2 of Outside In
  • Improved the merging behavior of the indexes to support faster searching
  • Sped up the highlighting routines
  • Reduced the time required to display the results pane
  • Enhanced compatibility of Deployment Manager on Vista and Windows 7

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an error that prevented some users from registering the product
  • Fixed the delay scan setting that was not functioning properly under Windows 7
  • Fixed a bug where some emails that came in while a scan was already in process were being missed
  • Fixed a bug where the deskbar would not install in Windows 7
  • Fixed a bug that caused accented A characters to be displayed in some email previews
  • Fixed two bugs that prevented installing on Windows 7 64-bit
  • Fixed a bug where the Keyboard Quick Launch Shortcuts were missing for some users on upgrade
  • Fixed a bug where the X1 Updater would unnecessarily inform the user they were on the most recent version
  • Fixed a major bug where indexing will stop until you restart X1 if you use the keyboard to move between results in the Results Pane
  • Fixed a bug where X1 would crash if you used the Delete key to launch the Delete PSA
  • Improved the installation behavior on 64-bit machines
  • Improved the installer and uninstaller functions
  • Fixed multiple issues associated with the deskbar, including installing, uninstalling, running in Vista, and running on 64-bit OS's
  • Fixed multiple issues associated with improper behavior of the results pane when using the Page Up and Page Down keys
  • Fixed a bug where Results Pane would appear blank until you clicked on a result
  • Fixed a bug where using long names for Saved Searches would cause a crash
  • Preventing indexing of the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010 as it is not currently supported
  • Fixed an issue where PST files created by Outlook 2000 were not visible to X1
  • Fixed an issue where items from Outlook 2010 could not be drag-and-dropped to the desktop
  • Improved the handling of indexing of delegated items that are marked as private
  • Fixed a problem that caused some Outlook emails to be removed from the index
  • Fixed an issue where MSG files added as an attachment were not previewing correctly
  • Fixed a crash when scrolling with a Lenovo scroll button
  • Fixed an issue where the Auto Upgrade dialog was being hidden
  • Fixed an issue where X1 did not properly identify the installed version of .NET
  • Fixed an issue where IMAP message stores were hanging Outlook
  • Fixed an issue where Outlook RTI was being too aggressive in indexing items
  • Fixed numerous issues related to properly indexing ZIP files with CJK characters
  • Fixed numerous issues related to properly indexing ZIP archives attached to an Outlook email
  • Fixed an issue where Excel tabs with CJK characters did not display properly

Unsupported Products/Known Issues:
  • Downgrading from Raptor to 6.2.4 or earlier release requires uninstall without saving index/settings.
  • Korean characters in Excel tab are displayed in broken characters in the preview pane.
  • Add to Zip PSA does not preserve source file location.
  • Delete button does not work when deskbar is undocked.
  • On startup, X1 minimizes to the Taskbar even when told to minimize to system tray.
  • Plaxo - Versions of the Plaxo Toolbar for Outlook earlier than 2.0 may cause instability in Outlook when used with X1. http://www.plaxo.com/
  • IMAP Email Servers - X1 does not support indexing of email messages when using IMAP mailboxes. X1 recommends always storing copies of email messages in a local PST file.
  • Microsoft Outlook with MSN Hotmail - X1 does not support indexing of MSN Hotmail email messages synchronized with Microsoft Outlook. http://www.hotmail.com/
  • iPodSync - Searching Microsoft Outlook contacts is broken when using iPodSync. http://www.ipod-sync.com/
  • Outlook Express - When using X1 to open, forward, or reply to Outlook Express email messages with attachments, the new email message will not contain the attachments.
  • Access - Unable to preview Access Database Formats beyond Version 2.0 or indexing any Access Database formats.
  • Preview of PDF documents with the hidden text property turned on does not preview results.
  • X1 does not automatically detect Outlook mail profile default changes while running. X1 needs to be restarted to establish a connection to the new Outlook email profile.
  • X1 does not fully support multi-monitor environments.
  • X1 must be closed when Symantec Offline Vault is updated.
  • Deployment Manager builds DO NOT support push-to-client searches created in the X1 Enterprise Server.
  • "Forward" post search action does not work properly for Lotus Notes email multi-selection that contains attachments.
  • Performing a "Copy to Folder" PSA on items in a folder with an auto-forward rule causes the rule to be applied again on the items selected.
  • X1 Installer will not start X1 after install in Vista and Windows 7 to prevent conflicts with Outlook.
  • Files RTI is not compatible with Microsoft Vista junction points.
  • 64-bit operating systems are not currently supported.
  • X1 will ignore registry parameters passed from Windows Vista searches for variables such as My Computer, Recycling Bin, Network Locations, Desktop.
  • The F3 command in Windows Vista does not send a query to the default search engine if the cursor is placed in the Windows Explorer search box.
  • X1 will not index Lotus Notes emails that only appear in the "All Documents" view.
  • The "Add to Zip" post search action executes only on items with titles/columns with latin-1 UTF characters.
  • X1 Client upgrades with deskbar enabled in Windows Vista and Windows 7 will prompt a Windows Explorer re-start.
  • Norton 360 on-access firewall and Symantec Endpoint Protection may cause X1 startup problems which result in "Remote Procedure Call Failed".
  • X1 does not support double byte characters in the installation or data directory paths.
  • X1 does not support double byte characters for the Mozilla Thunderbird and Outlook Express mail clients.
  • X1 does not support double byte characters for Lotus Notes passwords.
  • X1 does not support indexing multiple copies of the same Lotus Notes replica database.
  • X1 only supports PST paths and MAPI profiles that contain characters that map to the locale regional settings.
  • A change in locale regional settings requires the user to rename profile names/PST file paths and re-build the X1 index.
  • X1 does not support drag & drop of an email with CJK characters in the subject to Outlook 2003.
  • X1 search highlighting for files has been turned off for queries that contain CJK characters.
  • Outlook 2010 - X1 does not currently support indexing the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010.

Upgrade Considerations:
The following settings will not be preserved upon an upgrade to the X1 Professional Client 6.0 or higher:
  • Changes to the actions toolbar.
  • The "Load X1 at Startup" setting.

Windows 7 and Vista User Access Control (UAC) Considerations:
  • The following actions require administrator authentication:
    • The ability to install X1.
    • Registering the product for all users.
    • Setting shortcut settings for all users.
    • Adding/removing plugins.
    • Running content export.
  • For these actions, an authentication dialog will prompt for a username and password with administrator privileges.

X1 Supported Platforms Guide
X1 Technologies goes out of its way to explicitly test our products with a number of third-party products. Our goal is to test and validate that our products work with those products our customers and partners use most frequently. Just because a particular version of the third-party software is not listed on the supported platforms guide does not mean that the product will not work with X1, just that we do not explicitly test that version of the application.

X1 Server/Client Compatibility Guide
X1 Server v2.0 supports X1 Professional Client versions 2.x
X1 Server v2.5.x supports X1 Professional Client versions 5.x & 6.x

Symantec Vault Supported Platform
Symantec Enterprise Vault v6, v7, v7.5, v8 for Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft Outlook 2003
Professional Client v5.6 or greater

System Requirements - X1 Professional Client
256 MB RAM required / 512 MB RAM recommended
1 GB free hard disk recommended
Note: Actual memory and space used depends on number of files and email messages indexed.

System Requirements - X1 eDiscovery Client
Dual-core processor
1GB RAM required / 2GB RAM recommended
1 GB free hard disk recommended
Note: Actual memory and space used depends on number of files and email messages indexed.

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2 & SP3
Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2 & SP3
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft .NET 3.0 and above required.

Email Clients
Lotus Notes & Domino 6.5.x to 8.0.x
Microsoft Outlook XP, 2003 and 2007 & 2007 SP1
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5, 2.0
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

First Impressions of RC2

Postby tjh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

It's looking really good X1!

I've replaced v6.2.4 on my work PC with RC2 and so far, it's performing very well.

Looks like I might finally retire v6.2.4.

I still really don't like the ClearType enabled interface, but I think I'm just going to have to suck-it-up!

Tim
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Re: First Impressions of RC2

Postby Greg Dawes » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 am

tjh wrote:I still really don't like the ClearType enabled interface, but I think I'm just going to have to suck-it-up!
Tim,

Try these steps which should allow you to change the appearance of the font displayed:

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Display
OR
Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Themes > Display

2. On the Appearance tab, click Effects

3. Click to select the "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" checkbox, and from the dropdown menu select "ClearType" and click OK

4. Once ClearType is enabled, use the ClearType tuner PowerToy which can be downloaded directly from Microsoft's web site, http://www.microsoft.com/typography/Cle ... erToy.mspx to adjust the visual settings

Let me know if this helps.....thanks.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Re: X1® Professional Client Raptor Release Candidate 2

Postby tjh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the post, but my "problem" is that I really don't like to look of ClearType enabled fonts. Thus I have them disabled fully on my WinXP box. The thing is, the dotNet versions of X1 don't seem to honour this setting and are still using ClearTyped fonts. Where if I go back to v6.2.4, the fonts are just normal again (and much nicer on my eyes IMHO)

I'm sure it's probably a dotNet setting, but I don't know where to find those (and I've been looking!)

Cheers,
Tim
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby csalsa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Yesterday I installed Raptor RC2 after uninstalling 6.2.4. I immediately noticed that the the fonts appeared less clear but did not pay much attention until I read a previous post stating their dislike of ClearType enabled fonts. I agree that the text is less clear. I am running Windows XP SP3 (fully patched with MS Update).

Since I installed Raptor RC2, new emails, sent or received, have not been indexed. I am using Office 2007 SP2 (fully patched with MS Update). I plan to clear my index and let it start again. I had not deleted the 6.2.4 index but it works with the new client (just does not index new emails). I have not looked as yet at file indexing.

On a note about the GUI, it would be nice to have a blank line in the dropdown for the 'Date/Time' filter. That way I can cancel the filter by selecting the blank line via the dropdown instead of the extra step of putting the mouse focus in the dropdown box and then deleting the contents.
csalsa
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby hangie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 pm

It appears that X1 doesn't honor the Offline mode for Office 2007. When I put my mail in offline mode (to stop continual requests for authentication) I still get popups for authentication. The popup has the X1 icon so I assume they are coming from X1 attempting to access the server via the shared connection. Doen't X1 notice when you put Office into offline mode and honor this? From what I'm seeing I would say not. This is extremey frustrating behaviour...
X1® Search 8.4.1 (Build 5003pj 64-bit)
Win 8.1 Enterprise 64bit, Office 2013 32bit.
hangie
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby AP-123 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:56 am

Sorry if this is a double post:

I am experiencing the "Error - Click to try again" problem with this build 3995.
AP-123

Postby itvinci » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Transparent Window

I am still having issues with X1 showing up as a transparent (invisible) window except for the results pane (when using Win7 remote desktop). I posted this in the thread for the Dec 21st Raptor.

The information is there, it's just invisible. If I click randomly on the invisible pane, I will see the corresponding results in the results pane.

This occurs when connecting to my Win7 machine using Remote Desktop.

Let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Chris.
itvinci

Postby rgalan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Running Win 7 x64, X1 fails to start minimized (always starts as full window after a reboot). Is this a known issue in current X1 RC2?
rgalan

Postby Kenward » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 am

It may be a 64-bit issue.

I don't see that behaviour.

X1 has, though, a history of not minimising to the notification area on startup.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby rgalan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Well, I see the startup shortcut say windows mode minimized. But, I have seen Windows 7 ignore the minimized setting even for other shortcuts and still run them with normal windows.

It would be nice if there was a command line X1 parameter to force it starting minimized perhaps?
rgalan

Postby Kenward » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:57 am

X1 misbehaved on that front even before Windows 7 came along to upset us.

Like you, I have other software that exhibits the same refusal to obey the start up settings. MacroExpress, for example, fails to minimise.

Oddly, X1 is now behaving as it should here. No, I didn't do anything so can't offer any tips.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby madcitylunartic » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:49 am

Not indexing anything new since 21st, when I installed this version. Status message says "Outlook EMail: Indexing XX.XX% complete" but never finishes.

I am running Outlook 2007 running in both on-line or off-line mode depending on the time of day (go offline at night and switch to blackberry). I already had 331K emails in my previous index when I loaded this version. I do NOT want to have to re-index.

Ideas?

:?
madcitylunartic

Postby Kenward » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:19 pm

madcitylunartic wrote:Status message says "Outlook EMail: Indexing XX.XX% complete" but never finishes.

Does it get anywhere? Does the number change?

"Not indexing anything new since 21st," you say.

Do you say this because there is nothing since then in the various results?

Have you checked that X1 is paying attention to the right folders?
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby madcitylunartic » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 am

Kenward wrote:
madcitylunartic wrote:Status message says "Outlook EMail: Indexing XX.XX% complete" but never finishes.

Does it get anywhere? Does the number change?

"Not indexing anything new since 21st," you say.

Do you say this because there is nothing since then in the various results?

Have you checked that X1 is paying attention to the right folders?

No... just sits there. If I kill X1 then restart (or reboot computer) it comes back with another number (currently 26.31%) and just sits there

"Nothing new" meaning, although I have almost a week of new emails X1 is not indexing them in realtime nor during scheduled scans. Last email indexed was on 1/22 at 11:30. Nothing since then.

Yes...triple checked. it is not indexing anything since the 22nd even though it says it is running.
madcitylunartic

Postby Greg Dawes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 pm

madcitylunartic,

Try forcing a manual email index update by going to Tools > Options > Email > Outlook and, when the button under the Manual Indexing Section displays, Index Outlook Now, click it.

After that completes, let me know if the items in index is correct.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby madcitylunartic » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:18 am

Greg Dawes wrote:madcitylunartic,

Try forcing a manual email index update by going to Tools > Options > Email > Outlook and, when the button under the Manual Indexing Section displays, Index Outlook Now, click it.

After that completes, let me know if the items in index is correct.

Tried that the first time I noticed this on the 24th after leaving my computer on for 24 hours to see if it was just a matter of time. And have done that repeatedly since then. I have been using X1 for over 2 years, so am fairly savvy. Also have rebooted several times and killed and restarted X1 several times. As well as many other combinations of starting and stopping the indexing mixed with restarts and going on & off-line.

Something new -- occasionally the "Optimizing Index" appears for several hours before switching back to XX.XX% where it sits and does nothing.

Bottom line, I have been sending and receiving emails - almost 1000 - since the 22nd. There is simply no doubt X1 is broken as nothing has indexed since 1/22 @ 11:31am.

Open to other suggestions on how to fix (outside of a complete re-index).

And if I were X1, I wouldn't release this version. It is nice that it preserved my previous index, but I need more to see recent items versus old items.
madcitylunartic

Postby Kenward » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 am

This is the only report I have seen of this particular symptom, so I'd be wary of X1 abandoning that version.

Then again, X1 is working in a different issue that might be related. (Look for "Click to continue".)

A fix is said to be in the works. It just might help you too.

In your position I would uninstall X1, clean up all left over bits and pieces. (And that includes deleting the program folders.)

The only thing I usually retain when going down that road is my set of saved searchers. I sometimes also hang on to the xml files that preserve various layouts.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby madcitylunartic » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 am

Kenward wrote:
Then again, X1 is working in a different issue that might be related. (Look for "Click to continue".)

A fix is said to be in the works. It just might help you too.

In your position I would uninstall X1, clean up all left over bits and pieces. (And that includes deleting the program folders.)

OK... reading the other post recommended above, I MAY be having a related problem as I DID get a couple of "Error - Click to continue" messages earlier in the week. However, those did clear when I restarted the Outlook Scan. One of the users on the other post says everything since the Error disappeared from his index, which could make sense for my problem. I don't remember exactly when, but probably Monday the 25th, I got the error. I cleared it by following the link and restarting the index. And have been seeing my described behavior ever since.

Sounds like I probably need to at least re-install, but hopefully not re-index as it takes 3 days minimum with most everything else (virus scanner, in particular) turned off to rebuild the index. I may wait a few more days to see if there is a fix to the other problem. Or, drop back to an earlier rev (Recommendations?).

Outlook 2007
XP Pro SP3
madcitylunartic

Postby itvinci » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:00 am

TRANSPARENCY ISSUE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is anyone at all having an issue with transparency when using remote desktop to connect to a Win7 Ultimate machine?

Extremely annoying and it would appear that I am the only person on planet earth that remotes to a laptop and uses X1.

Chris.
itvinci

Postby hangie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 pm

madcitylunartic wrote:
OK... reading the other post recommended above, I MAY be having a related problem as I DID get a couple of "Error - Click to continue" messages earlier in the week. However, those did clear when I restarted the Outlook Scan. One of the users on the other post says everything since the Error disappeared from his index, which could make sense for my problem. I don't remember exactly when, but probably Monday the 25th, I got the error. I cleared it by following the link and restarting the index. And have been seeing my described behavior ever since.

Sounds like I probably need to at least re-install, but hopefully not re-index as it takes 3 days minimum with most everything else (virus scanner, in particular) turned off to rebuild the index. I may wait a few more days to see if there is a fix to the other problem. Or, drop back to an earlier rev (Recommendations?).

Outlook 2007
XP Pro SP3

The symptom you are seeing is very similar to mine. Yes, you can get past the "Error - click to try again", however it subsequently drops the indexed portion in a later scan, if not during that one.

The X1 team has successfully solved my problems and it is working 100% now with that version. Hopefully they will be releasing this version soon.

I didn't have to clear my indexes to get things working. Once they delivered the new version things were fine. Suggest checking your logs as described in the "Error - click to try again" posts and see if you are getting the error mentioned. Usually seen when you go into the options tab and manually start an email scan - you get the error again at which point there is an error in your logs.
X1® Search 8.4.1 (Build 5003pj 64-bit)
Win 8.1 Enterprise 64bit, Office 2013 32bit.
hangie
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby Greg Dawes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 am

Chris,

Regarding the transparency issue:

There are quite a few users here at X1, and I would assume many other users worldwide, that use Remote Desktop and have X1 -- so you are not the only person using this configuration.

However, you may be
the only person on planet earth that remotes to a laptop and uses X1
AND is experiencing this issue.

Have you tried remoting in from different computers?

Are there additional copies of X1 installed at your company? If so, if you remote to a different computer, do you still see the issue?
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby madcitylunartic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 am

OK -- first of all, X1 rocks! There are literally only 9-10 things in life that I proactively promote, X1 is one of them. I maintain my license every year, have bought at least 5 seats as gifts for my peers (and two of my senior managers) and tell people about it when they ask; "How did you know that so fast?"

hangie wrote:
madcitylunartic wrote:

The X1 team has successfully solved my problems and it is working 100% now with that version. Hopefully they will be releasing this version soon.

I didn't have to clear my indexes to get things working. Once they delivered the new version things were fine.

So... X1 reached out to me after reading this Forum (yes, they read it) and sent me some instructions. I suspect they will be releasing those soon. But here is the result so far (still in progress)...
* at 11am on 1 Feb - I had 352,857 emails, Indexing was stuck at 2.75% complete, and my Offline Sent Folder had not been indexed since 22 Jan.
* Implemented X1's fix
* By 11:20am - I had 353,541 emails, Indexing was now at 10.47% complete and in progress at about 3-4 emails per second (I shut off my virus scanner). And at that point, I had over 200 NEW emails in just my Offline Sent index. I could see emails from that very morning. Ah...that is how I remembered X1 being.
* Now it is 9am on 2 Feb and I have 382,537 emails indexed and am at 66.15% complete. Yes...that's ~30K emails not previously indexed. I haven't been this close to 400K since I first started running Beta versions.

That last point is a little disturbing, because as the old saying goes; "You don't know what you don't know.". So up until now I was confident I was seeing everything --

I will post one last time when the index is complete. Probably by tomorrow at this rate...

Suggestions for future releases --
* You guys REALLY should think about a referral program.
* Some sort of "confidence percentage" showing how the X1 index count matches the item count of an Outlook PST/Folder when you click on its "Properties"?
* Ability to prioritize which email folders and drives get indexed first. For instance, so I could choose my most recent PSTs over older ones if/when I need to rebuild an index.
* Tee shirt idea "I'm indexed, therefore I exist. - X1" (Yes... I am in Marketing...)
madcitylunartic

Postby Kenward » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 am

Time to clean out your email?

You are nearly as bad as I am at hoarding away old stuff.

Don't forget, the % progress is probably a red herring.

It isn't a count of how much of your email ins indexed.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby martino.moreno » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:34 am

I am planning to buy X1, but today I would get rel. 3631, which is not fully integrated with Seven,
When Raptor Release [3995] that I am triying as a beta andd which goes better with Seven will be really available?
Martino
martino.moreno

Postby Kenward » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:05 am

I think that the new version would have been ready by now, had it not been for the hard work of some of the people who visit this place regularly and the X1 team.

The users found a problem or two late in the development process and that sent X1 back to the code. (Check the messages on issues with Outlook.)

If the current RC works for you, then I think we can safely assume that the final version will come out quite some time before you lose your entitlement to new versions.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby martino.moreno » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 am

So the question is: if today I buy X1 will I have a serial code that can be used also with the last Release Candidate? And that for one year I will be able to download any other new sw release. And that the new SW release [official, or RC or beta] can then be used by me lifetime?
BR.
martino.moreno

Postby Kenward » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 am

Why not send a message to the sales address?

They deal with sales.

The X1 people who pop up here mostly do other stuff.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby itvinci » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Greg Dawes wrote:....users here at X1, and I would assume many other users worldwide, that use Remote Desktop and have X1 -- so you are not the only person using this configuration.

However, you may be
the only person on planet earth that remotes to a laptop and uses X1
AND is experiencing this issue.....

Have you tried remoting in from different computers?

Are there additional copies of X1 installed at your company? If so, if you remote to a different computer, do you still see the issue?

Yeah, I have remoted to it from several different computers and laptops running different versions of windows.

You wouldn't think it would be something as specific as my particular laptop.

Here is a screenshot just as a reminder of what the app looks like in my remote session:

Chris.
itvinci

Postby Greg Dawes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am

Chris,

I've been waiting to see if anyone else reports this behavior, by monitoring both the X1 Forums as well as case submissions, and have yet to see another report of this transparency issue. As mentioned, we all use Remote Desktop in the X1 offices and remote to a large number of machines (I remote into about a dozen different computers myself). We have many customers who use Remote Desktop and use RD in our troubleshooting efforts. We have specifically tried to reproduce your problem in house as well, with no success.

You mention that you've remoted INTO this computer from several different operating systems, and that you see the issue from all OS's. I was also looking to see if X1 was installed on another computer at your company and if you've remoted into that computer. I'd like to determine if this issue is specific to your laptop (which is our belief) or not.

As tjh mentioned, it might very well be a video card driver issue (and might only affect .NET applications - like X1). Have/Can you update your video driver and report back as well as letting us know if you are able to remote into other computers at your office also running X1?

Thanks.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby Kenward » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 am

If there are other occurrences of this issue, you might have a better chance of smoking them out by stating a new discussion with a more specific title.

Slapping new issues on the end of a general topic like this might mean that some people will miss it.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to X1 Professional Client - 6.7.x (Raptor)