X1® Professional Client v6.7.1 Release Candidate

X1® Professional Client Version - Raptor builds (both Beta and Release Candidates)

Moderator: Mods

Postby Greg Dawes » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:44 pm

(Build 4054ak) (Created: Mon Jun 21 10:57:54 PDT 2010)

- We are getting close to releasing an official update to the v6.7 (build 4023) product. We would like for you to test the v6.7.1 RC (release candidate).
- Please note that you will be prompted to download the GA (generally available) release when it's made publically available in the next couple of days; of course, this assumes that you have the option Check for new version at startup selected in the Tools > Options > Basic Options menu.

NOTE: Installing this build requires that .NET 3.0 or higher be installed on your computer. Here is the link to the latest .NET 3.5 SP1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

You can download the X1 Professional Client v6.7.1 Release Candidate by using this link: [The link to v6.7.1 RC has been removed]

**Important Considerations**
- KNOWN DOWNGRADE ISSUE: Downgrading from X1 Professional Client v6.7.x to 6.2.x (or lower), while saving settings, will cause issues in the X1 index that prevent the application from launching. If you plan to downgrade from X1 Professional Client v6.7.1, uninstall the X1 client WITHOUT saving preferences/settings.
- Remember that we always advise that you uninstall any currently installed version of X1, without saving your preferences/settings, before installing any beta/RC build
- Please restrict all comments regarding this release to this section of the forum
- Any user upgrading from 5.5.5 or previous will be required to rebuild their index files.

-----------------------------------------------------

Release Notes:
New Features/Enhancements in the X1 Professional Client
    Improved the indexing capability to allow significantly larger index sizes
    Improved the display of CJK characters in files contained within ZIP files
    Improved the performance of the indexer by reducing the frequency of optimization
    Improved the performance of preview for ANSI files containing CJK characters for users with non-English locale settings
    Reenabled the keyboard shortcut for the Enter key to open items in the listpane.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a crash where X1 reported it could not open buffered files
    Fixed a crash where certain Outlook folders could cause a crash during RTI
    Fixed a crash due to a saved search file becoming corrupted
    Fixed a crash where executing the Print PSA caused X1 to close.
    Fixed a bug that did not correctly identify the user's Admin privileges
    Fixed a problem on installation that required VBScript to be installed
    Fixed a bug where X1 would not allow installation even if the the correct version of .NET was installed
    Fixed a bug that incorrectly reported conflicts with Microsoft DLLs during installation
    Fixed a bug where the ability to disable the Logging options were greyed out
    Fixed a bug where the listpane would jump to the top of the results after executing the Delete PSA
    Fixed a bug that did not allow certain USB drives from being indexed in Windows 7
    Fixed a bug where X1 did not properly preview or act upon identically named files contained within the same ZIP
    Fixed a bug where X1 did not properly handle long paths for items contained within ZIP files
    Fixed a bug where the wrong date was displayed for some Lotus items
    Fixed a bug where a contact's email address was incorrectly displayed as the user's email address
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Re: X1® Professional Client v6.7.1 Release Candidate

Postby Kenward » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am

I see no mention of 64-bit Office.

If it is there, why not say so? If not be prepared for more sniping.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Kenward » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:20 am

I don't know if installing the new beta that did it, but my collection of "Favorite" searches had reverted to the default set.

Updated: it seems that it merely added the default set back to my own saved favorites. I didn't notice then personalised set because they were below the default set.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby tjh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:22 pm

I gave it a go, but I still have the same problems where it takes 1-2 minutes to show the UI and when it does, the UI fonts are pretty ugly.
It must be specific to WindowsXP the ugly fonts.

I'm sure the 1-2 minute hang to show the UI isn't X1's fault, it appears to be the terrible antivirus software on my work laptop. Back to v6.2.4 for now.

Tim
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Tod » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:37 pm

We made a change to one of the Factory searches - the Documents search now includes the XLSM file type. Because of this change, all of the Factory searches will get readded to your Favorites list, but any of your custom searches will still remain in your Favorites list.

As always, you can remove searches from your Favorites by right-clicking on them and selecting Remove...
Tod
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby askwong » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:33 pm

There was an update dated 30th, if you've installed the v6.7.1 first Release Candidate earlier, with proper Settings, X1 will automatically load and ask you to install this update:

X1 ® Professional Client Version 6.7.1 (Build 4054ar) (Created: Wed Jun 30 14:28:40 PDT 2010)
askwong
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Kenward » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:13 am

The update happened here.

Automatically told me to update. Well, asked me if wanted to.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to X1 Professional Client - 6.7.x (Raptor)