X1® Professional Client v6.7.3 Beta

X1® Professional Client Version - Raptor builds (both Beta and Release Candidates)

Moderator: Mods

Postby Greg Dawes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 am

(Build 4054cx) (Created: Created: Thu Apr 14 14:22:47 PDT 2011)

NOTE: Installing this build requires that .NET 3.0 or higher be installed on your computer. Here is the link to the latest .NET 3.5 SP1:
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1

You can download the X1 Professional Client v6.7.3 Beta by using this link: [link removed - v6.7.3 (build 4054dh) GA has been released]

-------------------------------------------------------------
**Important Considerations**
- KNOWN DOWNGRADE ISSUE: Downgrading from X1 Professional Client v6.7.x to 6.2.x (or lower), while saving settings, will cause issues in the X1 index that prevent the application from launching. If you plan to downgrade from X1 Professional Client v6.7.x, uninstall the X1 client WITHOUT saving preferences/settings.
- Remember that we always advise that you uninstall any currently installed version of X1, without saving your preferences/settings, before installing any beta/RC build
- Please restrict all comments regarding this release to this section of the forum
- Any user upgrading from 5.5.5 or previous will be required to rebuild their index files.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We’d like to let you know that we are releasing a Beta version of the latest release 6.7.3. This will be a pretty short Beta cycle since there are not a ton of features or fixes in the product, but, as always, we wanted our loyal Forum users to get first crack at it. Really, the biggest news in this release is enhanced logging functionality that will help us track down bugs and crashes in the indexer component. We should automatically get the logs we need, but if you encounter our latest nemesis (CWSortArray - X1 tries, but fails to launch) please reach out to customer support so we can be sure we have all the information we need to eliminate this crash once and for all.

There is nothing specific you need to test on this version if you are upgrading from 6.7.x – just run the installer and let us know if you see anything amiss. Or, you can use the automatic upgrade version of the installer. Just be sure that your “Also check for pre-release (beta) version” option is selected in Tools > Options > Basic Options and then you should get prompted to upgrade on your next restart of X1.

As always, thanks in advance, for your help!

New Features/Enhancements in X1 Professional Client
- Improved indexing calls to prevent some cases of index corruption.
- Enabled Lotus Notes auto-signature capability, when using the New email PSA.
- Added a Group Policy Object to Disable the Auto-Sign-In functionality for Lotus Notes.
- Enhanced crash logging.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug with the Email preview pane in which the email header failed to expand/collapse a long distribution list.
- Fixed a bug in which the Send By Email PSA failed to add an attachment containing CJK, Cyrillic or Accented characters for Lotus Notes.
- Fixed a bug in which the Size column on the Email list pane indicated incorrect sizes for Lotus Notes email items.
- Fixed a bug in which the Reply/Reply To All PSAs failed for Lotus Notes email items, if the Lotus Auto-Signature feature was enabled.
- Fixed a bug in which the Send By Email PSA failed for Files with the Lotus Notes client.
- Fixed a bug with the Schedule Meeting PSA for Lotus Notes in which hierarchical/canonical addressing was not handled properly.
- Fixed a bug with Content Export of X1 Server items in which certain large files failed to export completely.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Re: X1® Professional Client v6.7.3 Beta

Postby Kenward » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Installed just fine.

Will wait for notification to hit my laptop, to see how they works out.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby hydrokiwi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Installed Beta

When I click on X1 it comes up then quickly disappears.

I am running Windows 7 64 Bit with Net 4.0

Cheers
John
hydrokiwi

Postby Kenward » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:04 am

You may have the dreaded "Instantly vanishes" syndrome.

There are several discussions of this around here. For example:

Anyone worked out how to recover vanishing X1?

The best place to start any diagnosis and recovery is with the "X1 Index Repair Tool".

http://www.x1.com/cs/x1_index_repair_tool.exe

I don't know if the X1 installation package now includes that tool. Might be a good idea if it did.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Kenward » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:06 am

I should have also said that if you look at the release notes for the new version, you will see that one addition is Enhanced crash logging which might help to track down these bugs.

This is a beta test, which means feedback is essential. As vanishing X1 is among the things that needs fixing, you might like to go through the following steps:

• 1. Download: http://www.x1.com/cs/x1_diagnostic_tool.exe
  • 2. Double-click the downloaded "x1_diagnostic_tool.exe" file to run (Vista/Win7 users with UAC turned on should right-click the file and select Run as administrator)
  • 3. A Windows Explorer window will open when the tool has finished (this may take a minute).
  • 4. Inside the x1supportfiles directory, send the ZIP file to: customerservice (at) x1.com
I suspect that the same we goes for those of us who have dived into the beta pool.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby dzeleznik » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:38 am

FWIW, I find the new beta to much more stable and smoother operation than v6.7.2 b4054by. I have approx 1.5M files and 150K emails (mix of Notes and Outlook) indexed on a WinXP system. I always had periodic problems, lockups, and crashes with my Lotus Notes. After a week of using this beta, not a single problem. I am a happy camper :D

DaveZ
dzeleznik

Postby moose2001 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

I have a problem where when X1 is indexing, Access databases are slow to start up. They can be large or small databases but it seems both X1 and Access are vying for the same resources. Anyone any info?
moose2001

Postby askwong » Sun May 01, 2011 10:28 am

I'm using X1 Professional Client v6.7.3 Beta to index my Thunderbird emails with no slowdowns of any sort ;)

English Win 7-Pro, 32-bit, fully patched.
Lenovo Thinkpad T410 (2522-RE3).
askwong
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby truman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:33 am

I have a problem where when X1 is indexing, Access databases are slow to start up. They can be large or small databases but it seems both X1 and Access are vying for the same resources. Anyone any info?
leather baseball belts [url=http://www.leather4sure.com/leather-belts-straps.html]leather baseball belts[/url]
yamaha racing jacket [url=http://www.leather4sure.com/yamaha-1.html]yamaha racing jacket[/url]
vest quilted jackets [url=http://www.leather4sure.com/sons-of-anarchy.html]vest quilted jackets[/url]
leather cowboy hats for sale [url=http://www.leather4sure.com/caps-hats-2.html]leather cowboy hats for sale[/url]
truman

Postby Kenward » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 am

Can you say a bit about your PC? Operating system?

That might help someone to diagnose what might be happening.

Different hardware delivers different performance.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to X1 Professional Client - 6.7.x (Raptor)