X1 Configuration Strategies for Outlook AutoArchive

X1® Professional Client Version - Raptor builds (both Beta and Release Candidates)

Moderator: Mods

X1 Configuration Strategies for Outlook AutoArchive

Postby bosjt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:44 am

X1 can be configured to index email messages automatically within the Outlook Inbox. If I configure Outlook to AutoArchive messages to various PST Archive files on a weekly basis, and I configure X1 to know about these PSTs, does X1 automatically shift its index pointer for the emails from Inbox to archive? Does X1 simply notice that messages, which used to be in inbox are no longer there and simultaneously notice that messages previously not in the archive are now in the archive? If anyone has been running in this configuration for many years can you comment on how well it works as the Archives grow in size?
bosjt

Re: X1 Configuration Strategies for Outlook AutoArchive

Postby Kenward » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:19 am

bosjt wrote:If anyone has been running in this configuration for many years can you comment on how well it works as the Archives grow in size?

I don't know about the mechanics, but I have been doing this ever since I first installed X1, many years ago.

I haven't tested how long X1 takes to update its index. But I don't recall having problems finding stuff. I also have "RTI" enabled.

I maintain X1's contact with the archive PSTs by having a Mail profile that points to those PSTs but that has no email addresses. That is just one option. Y9u could just tell X1 to watch those PST files.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to X1 Professional Client - 6.7.x (Raptor)