Mobile Client

X1® Mobile Search Application

Moderator: Mods

Mobile Client

Postby tjh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:26 pm

So I went ahead and installed the Mobile Connect software. Do I have a iPhone? No, I do not. That does not stop me from liking to play with and test things :)

Anyway, I found that the client couldn't even connect to the Amazon EC2 service. I'm going to go ahead and suggest this is because it's trying to connect to port 9999, something that I know the proxy server at work isn't going to allow.

I just wondered if you've also thought of having the server listen on port 80 and port 443? Much more likely to get through a Corporate Proxy that way...

I didn't do lots of testing, just had a bit of a play with it to see if I could make it do anything interesting (I couldn't)

Can't wait for the BlackBerry version guys, you know I'm going to be your very first customer!
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Re: Mobile Client

Postby askwong » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 am

I would also be interested in a X1 Mobile Client for Blackberry, and even willing to test out a Beta of one such prototype on my Blackberry 9800 Torch (one of the newer models around, Blackberry OS6) !

Please, X1, we need a X1 Mobile Client for Blackberry!
askwong
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Kenward » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:09 am

I suspect that there would be more buyers for Blackerry access than iPhone, but my view is that software houses should support as many devices as is humanly possible.

Unlike the PC world, mobiles have yet to settle down on a single operating system. At least four are in contention. Then there are the proprietary ones.

If it is possible to do something in java that supports several systems, that would be nice.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby tjh » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 pm

X1 have already said they working (or going to start working) on a BB version.
Can't wait!
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby cwalton » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:21 pm

TiM, Thanks for trying out the X1 Mobile Search app, we definitely appreciate your support.

Regarding the “rendezvous server” , this is a server component that helps get through firewalls for most users. Currently it operates on a non-standard port, but we’ll be adding additional options with a future update. Simply using port 80 or 443 will not necessarily solve the secure firewall issue because our solution uses a proprietary protocol, which is part of the reason why it’s so blazingly fast! We’re working with enterprise partners to build a solution for traversing firewalls and network address translation devices (routers) that is acceptable to both individual users as well as security groups within large organizations.

We definitely hear you on Blackberry support – it’s on our roadmap. Stay tuned.

Regards,
_Christopher Walton
VP, Products & Strategy
cwalton

Postby albatross01 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 am

tjh wrote:So I went ahead and installed the Mobile Connect software. Do I have a iPhone? No, I do not. That does not stop me from liking to play with and test things :)

Anyway, I found that the client couldn't even connect to the Amazon EC2 service. I'm going to go ahead and suggest this is because it's trying to connect to port 9999, something that I know the proxy server at work isn't going to allow.

I just wondered if you've also thought of having the server listen on port 80 and port 443? Much more likely to get through a Corporate Proxy that way...

I didn't do lots of testing, just had a bit of a play with it to see if I could make it do anything interesting (I couldn't)

Can't wait for the BlackBerry version guys, you know I'm going to be your very first customer!

just bought and installed the X1 mobile client on an Iphone.

cannot even get past the first setting phase !!!!!!

the initial "get the code" just hangs... I let it hang for 30 minutes - but, well.

what is going on ????

I would like an answer ASAP - today.
albatross01

Postby Forumqnis » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Mobile client works great for me. Only problem is that I can't get Mobile Connect to start automatically on my desktop when it boots. I've tried reinstalling, I've added a shortcut to my startup folder, I've done everything I can think of, but it always seems to reconfigure itself so that it WON'T start when Windows starts.

Maybe there's a problem with the registry entry Mobile Connect creates when "Start automatically after I logon" is selected? Maybe instead of starting, the entry causes Mobile Connect to stop? I'm really not sure and haven't had time to troubleshoot, but if anyone has any ideas, that would be great. This is a problem since if I don't remember to manually start Mobile Connect, then (obviously) I can't access via the mobile client.
Forumqnis
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby Forumqnis » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Forumqnis wrote:Mobile client works great for me. Only problem is that I can't get Mobile Connect to start automatically on my desktop when it boots. I've tried reinstalling, I've added a shortcut to my startup folder, I've done everything I can think of, but it always seems to reconfigure itself so that it WON'T start when Windows starts.

Maybe there's a problem with the registry entry Mobile Connect creates when "Start automatically after I logon" is selected? Maybe instead of starting, the entry causes Mobile Connect to stop? I'm really not sure and haven't had time to troubleshoot, but if anyone has any ideas, that would be great. This is a problem since if I don't remember to manually start Mobile Connect, then (obviously) I can't access via the mobile client.

In fact, I just did a reboot and watched as Mobile Connect started at boot up, and then shortly after it shut itself down. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions?
Forumqnis
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby joetamtm » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 am

I have been using X1 pro client for 3 years and i like it very much.

May i know would X1 develop X1 mobile client for Android? i am willing to be a beta tester if needed.
joetamtm

Postby hangie » Fri May 27, 2011 5:43 am

Hi,

Any progress on getting this to work with proxy servers and corporate firewalls?

All I get is an error when I connect from our corporate LAN. No clues as to the error either. Where is it getting proxy info from (if anywhere)?

Help appreciated. I've paid for it, now can't use it :(

Cheers,
Mark.
X1® Search 8.4.1 (Build 5003pj 64-bit)
Win 8.1 Enterprise 64bit, Office 2013 32bit.
hangie
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby Greg Dawes » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 pm

We have already contacted hangie (outside of the forums in an attempt to resolve this issue).

For any other users experiencing this problem, we have a beta version that supports proxies and we are happy to provide it to you. Please submit a request/case by logging into your X1 Support Portal account and we will send it to you. Thank you!
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby jusjoken » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 am

Greg Dawes wrote:We have already contacted hangie (outside of the forums in an attempt to resolve this issue).

For any other users experiencing this problem, we have a beta version that supports proxies and we are happy to provide it to you. Please submit a request/case by logging into your X1 Support Portal account and we will send it to you. Thank you!

I am a long time user of X1 and would like to use the X1 Mobile Search. I have purchased the iPad app but I can not get the client on the PC to generate a "secure discovery code" which I assume means I can not reach the servers.

My support agreement for the X1 client has expired so I can not enter a case to try out the version mentioned above. As I just purchased the X1 Search app I hope there is a way for me to get this resolved without extending my support agreement.

Ken
jusjoken

Postby wolfehr » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 pm

I'd also be interested in an Android client.
wolfehr

Postby Chris Wheaton » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:41 am

wolfehr - We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback and support of the X1 products. I want to let you know that support for Android is on our road map. I'm not sure of the time line for support of that platform, but rest assured it is coming.
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby askwong » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Would support for BlackBerry be on the road map also?
;)
askwong
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Chris Wheaton » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Support for Blackberry is under consideration as well.
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby Kenward » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Looks like it would be more useful to have a list of things that X1 will not support.

iPads anyone?
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Chris Wheaton » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Kenward - when you say "Ipads anyone ?" I get the impression that you are unaware that the current version of the X1 Mobile Client has full Ipad support? Or am I misreading this?
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby Kenward » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:24 am

Just trying to reinforce my dislike of all things Apple.

I am going to have to hide that when I interview Johnny Ive some time in the near future.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to X1 Mobile Search