Replying to / forwarding a message using X1 Mobile search

X1® Mobile Search Application

Moderator: Mods

Replying to / forwarding a message using X1 Mobile search

Postby mcockerill » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:52 am

There is one serious usability problem I am always running into with X1 mobile search, which is that when forwarding or replying to an email, you only get the body of the message - you lose the headers.

This radically reduces its usefulness, as in many cases without the headers showing when an email was sent, by who, it's not really usable.

Is this a known bug? Or deliberate behaviour due to some technical limitation?

Matt
mcockerill

Re: Replying to / forwarding a message using X1 Mobile searc

Postby Chris Wheaton » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Matt - I'm not aware of it as either a known bug or a purposeful behavior. That said, Currently, the X1 Mobile search tools is a product in hiatus. We are in the midst of transitioning away from the current iteration of our mobile product. Later in 2013 we hope to reintroduce X1 mobile without some of the existing limitations - possibly correcting this behavior in the process.
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby amonty » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Is there an update as to the future of the mobile app? AFAIK you have a monopoly for a remarkably useful means of retrieving a personal file which is not stored on the cloud.
amonty

Postby pcguy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Is it safe to assume that since it is now Feb 2014 and their is no mobile search option for iOS we are sol ?
pcguy

Postby amonty » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:03 pm

I've not received an answer to my previous query however for the last month X1 mobile works.
amonty

Postby Chris Wheaton » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:55 am

PCGuy - When I first posted the statement saying that the X1 Mobile search tools is a product in hiatus that we hoped to re-introduce later in 2013 that was the plan. As of today the plan to reintroduce an X1 Mobile Search solution is still on the roadmap targeted for late 2014.

If you are looking to download from that App Store I'm afraid the X1 mobile product is no longer available there. However,as Amonty stated, if your X1 Mobile is currently installed on your mobile device it should continue to work.
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby amonty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:06 am

Chris - it would be great to know a rationale for the decision to postpone pursuing an incredibly useful product which has no competition.
amonty

Postby Chris Wheaton » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 am

Amonty - X1, as an organization, would not have pushed the development back without cause. Opportunities of great importance to our organization presented themselves and the decision was made to prioritize this opportunity. As I understand it, the time and energy spent will actually facilitate our efforts toward the next generation mobile solution. We do regret the delay and inconvenience this may cause.
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby Forumqnis » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 am

I would like to reiterate the strong desire for X1 Mobile to be brought back. I was using CloudMagic while waiting for X1 Mobile to come back, but CloudMagic no longer indexes email older than 30 days, so it's basically useless (since the mobile device itself can easily search 30-days' worth of email).

Bring back X1 Mobile. Or, even better, do an X1 Cloud version and allow users to upload PSTs to it while also letting it access Exchange.
Forumqnis
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby Forumqnis » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 am

Chris Wheaton wrote:However,as Amonty stated, if your X1 Mobile is currently installed on your mobile device it should continue to work.

But it doesn't work with X1 Search 8, does it? As I recall, it was still working with X1 Professional Client 6.x, but it never worked with X1 Search 8. Am I wrong? Will the X1 Mobile app I still have work with X1 Search 8?
Forumqnis
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby amonty » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:48 am

As Jerald Metz of X1 answered to my question on this: "The mobile version does not work directly with version 8+. Some users are running the older version of X1 (6.7.4) alongside version 8, but we don't test for this so we can't recommend it."
Even though I am plagued with stability problems of 6.7.4, I will not upgrade until there is a mobile solution.
amonty

Return to X1 Mobile Search