Emails won't open, Go to Folder Doesn't Work in 5.5 for me

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

Emails won't open, Go to Folder Doesn't Work in 5.5 for me

Postby MikeLaw » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:55 am

I can see my search results in X1, but when doubleclicking on the email entries, they won't open, and the Go to Folder doesn't Work in 5.5 for me with my Outlook email. I just installed it and I don't know how to make these two features work. Help!
MikeLaw

Postby Kenward » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Works here.

Was this a new install, reinstall?

See other messages on the best strategy for upgrades.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Sort of a Reinstall...

Postby MikeLaw » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:16 pm

I previously had Yahoo Desktop Search installed on my laptop - which used to work fine with regard to the opening and go-to folder issues. Then, about a month ago these opening and go-to functions stopped working.

So, I deinstalled Yahoo Desktop Search from my laptop, and manually deleted the executable and other Desktop Search files that remained after the deinstall process. Then I installed our Enterprise X1 license on my laptop, but I'm still getting the same non-opening email and no go-to problem.

I don't know how to work around this one.
MikeLaw

Cannot Open Mozilla E-Mails

Postby tonyrony » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:26 am

I wanted to report the same problem that "MikeLaw" is reporting. I'm using X1 Enterprise Client Version 5.6 (Build 3377) and I do not recall seeing this problem with earlier versions.

More detailed info ... I can search for, find, and display my Mozilla client e-mails (Netscape 7.2) with no problem. However, as I select the desired e-mail from the Search Results pane, the following right-click functions are gray-out (not available): Open, Go To Folder, Move, Mark Read, Mark Unread, Copy To, and Delete. The same functions are not available from the Actions pull-down menu, too.

I searched for and found the same e-mails using the E-Mail search tab, the Inbox search tab, and the All search tab, but the problem persists. Note that I can even open attachments to the same e-mail, but the e-mail itself is comparatively inaccessible. But as I said, the e-mail does display in the Preview pane.

Thinking a re-install might fix it, I shut down X1 and launched the installer. I selected the Repair option. This had no effect on the problem. I also cleared and re-built the index files, but this also had no effect.

Any ideas? Thanks and good luck with it.

Tony
tonyrony

Postby w0qj » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:16 pm

If you check in XEC, [Help]>>[Release_Notes]
about 3/4 of the way down, X1 gives you a chart of what email program can do what actions (Open, Reply, etc.).

Checking both MikeLaw and tonyrony's comments, unfortunately XEC doesn't perform these actions--this is not a bug.

If you really are convinced that older versions of XEC did do the actions you want, you can try to download an older version here:

http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?t=2655

Note: When you uninstall your current XEC version, please DO NOT save your user settings when asked.

Good luck!
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Re: Emails won't open, Go to Folder Doesn't Work in 5.5 for

Postby spacebas » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:40 pm

I am running 8.2.1 and experiencing the same issue. Emails come up in the search results but nothing will open it in outlook. I can't reply, forward, or reply all either.
spacebas

Re: Emails won't open, Go to Folder Doesn't Work in 5.5 for

Postby jiber » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Same issue here, working with x1 Search 8.3.2.1 and Outlook Professional 2010
jiber

Return to General Discussion