"Activation error" Why?

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

"Activation error" Why?

Postby inquiro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:15 am

I tried to launch X1, running what I believe was the latest version, this morning and received an error message titled "Activation error", as soon as the X1 window opened, saying "x1 needs to validate with the activation server" and that I needed to check my internet connection. There was and is *no* issue with my internet connection, and as soon as I clicked away the error message, X1 closed. Searching for this issue on the web and this forum has been unsuccessful. Can anyone shed light on this problem?

BTW, I have now UNinstalled X1. Running Win 10.
inquiro

Re: "Activation error" Why?

Postby inquiro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:37 am

I just tried, twice, to REinstall X1, and it failed to install twice. I downloaded and launched the latest setup file. It opened the "preparing setup" dialog box, which displayed for a couple of minutes, though without any indication of any progress, and then closed.

Any thoughts? I have to say that as much as I like X1, which I've used for 10+ years now, I've had more installation issues with it than all of my other software products combined.
inquiro

Re: "Activation error" Why?

Postby inquiro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 am

Note to a mod: I just realized that I posted to the wrong X1 forum. I've now posted to the correct forum, X1 Search 8, so please delete *this* thread. Thank you.
inquiro

Return to General Discussion