Registration Code

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

Registration Code

Postby tashkerm » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Sorry about this. I don't think issues of registration belong on a support forum, but X1 seems to make it very difficult to contact customer service (the links are all circular).

Trying to d/l the latest X1 Prof Client. I have a registration code, but presumably from before the support portal existed. None of my email addresses seem to be registered.

Oh, sure, I can enter all my info again and download a trial. That works.

But: how do I register myself so I can login and download?

I apologize if there's some link scattered around on the support page, but I sure can't see it.
tashkerm

Postby w0qj » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 am

1. If you're unsure which of your email address was registered with X1 for your X1 Licence, you can try this:

www.x1.com/support

At the bottom of this web page, you can try entering all your email addresses. After you enter your correct email address, X1 will send an email to you confirming this.

2. You can download the X1 Professional Client for free here, which has 1 month of free extra features included. (Honestly, most single users don't need these extra features such as Lotus Notes, disabling network indexing, etc.):

www.x1.com/download/evaluation

3. Here's the offical link for v6.1 GA Release:
http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?t=3437

Hope this helps!
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

X1 registration

Postby ryebank » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:36 am

I have what I thought was a valid registration code but now X1 6.2 is timing out (down to 3 days) - if I enter the code and click OK nothing happens - no error to say invalid but it does not seem to do anything. If I enter rubbish for the code I do get an error - so how do I tell if my code is really valid or not????
ryebank

Re: X1 registration

Postby tjh » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:05 am

ryebank wrote:I have what I thought was a valid registration code but now X1 6.2 is timing out (down to 3 days) - if I enter the code and click OK nothing happens - no error to say invalid but it does not seem to do anything. If I enter rubbish for the code I do get an error - so how do I tell if my code is really valid or not????

Easy - A valid one will be accepted and enable you to disable the banner in the top right hand corner.

If you're entering a code you purchased and it's not working, then you need to contact X1 support and get them to help you.
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Kenward » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:01 pm

ryebank wrote:I have what I thought was a valid registration code but now X1 6.2 is timing out (down to 3 days) - if I enter the code and click OK nothing happens - no error to say invalid but it does not seem to do anything. If I enter rubbish for the code I do get an error - so how do I tell if my code is really valid or not????

This came up recently. They've changed the numbering system. But you should be OK.

If you go into "Register the product" and you see a number, you are probably fine.

This looks like hangover from the bad old days of writing the user interface. More modern software tells you that it is registered to you, or at least registered, when you go >>Help>>About.

X1 should catch up with what has happened on that front over the past five years or so.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby tjh » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:36 pm

Kenward wrote:
ryebank wrote:This looks like hangover from the bad old days of writing the user interface. More modern software tells you that it is registered to you, or at least registered, when you go >>Help>>About.

Most software also removes the "Register Product" option from the menu and the "about" box shows reg info.
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Kenward » Fri May 02, 2008 2:28 am

Most software also tells you when updates are available.

X1 claims to do this but I have never sign anything happening.

I guess it is the difference between a corporate product and a consumer product. The latter has to keep up with fashion and modern software design concepts. The former just has to meet the needs of the corporate IT folks.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Re: Registration Code

Postby fairyanna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:00 am

It was Eudora who threw in the towel, changing its own email file format, rendering it incompatable with X1.

~FireFox / OpenSource
IF we can get a critical mass of volunteer programmers to write PlugIn's and perhaps SDK's, this may greatly help users to get X1 to support the file formats they want...
Lily lara
fairyanna

Return to General Discussion