X1 Crashing Locking up Even when Idle

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

X1 Crashing Locking up Even when Idle

Postby jeffreycowart » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:03 am

My X1 is constantly crashing. It was very stable for a long time, now all of a sudden it has started to lock up and become unresponsive. My only action is to open the task manager and end x1.exe, then begin again. X1 will crash even if it is minimized. I will be using the internet or typing and e-mail, and windows will pop up, and say "X1 has stopped working and must close". If I read the error log, it states: Faulting application X1Service.exe, version 3618.0.0.0, time stamp 0x2a425e19, faulting module kernel32.dll. There is no information listed in the x1 crashlog.txt, in fact it hasn’t been modified for over 2 months, even though the program crashes 4-6 times per day.
I have made the DEP exception fix for all X1 services.
I have run scan PST and Scan OST on all files.
(OST approx .9GB, 2 PST each approx 2 GB)
I dont use RSS feeds, and have disabled indexing.
Webservice plugin disabled
max content indexing file size set to 32 Mb

Since X1 is crashing when it is minimized, I assume it is crashing while indexing. Not sure why there is nothing being written to the crashlogtxt. I assume this is because x1 never fully shuts down. I have to go into the task manager to end the process.
X1 if not minimized stays open on the task bar but cannot be used, closed, etc. The x1 tray icon is unresponsive after the crash.
If x1 is running, it works great. Searches are quick, I can switch between tabs, and use the preview pane. It has locked up while actually using X1, but most of the time, its just sitting in the background.

Do I need to run x1 as an administrator, and use the compatibility assistant to act like XP SP2? I thought this version was Vista compliant.

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Centrino Duo 2GHz, with 2GB ram
IE 7, I do have Firefox installed, but hardly use it
MS Office 2007 SP1
X1 Prof Client Version 6.2.1 Build 3618
jeffreycowart

Return to General Discussion