After upgrading to Outlook 2007, X1 double counts each email

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

After upgrading to Outlook 2007, X1 double counts each email

Postby Maya Pinion » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:08 am

Hi. I just updated from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007.

After reindexing, X1 is apparently showing two instances of most if not all email items.

For one of them, it is able to show the contents in the preview pane. But for the other, I get the 'unable to locate' notice.

For example, a folder that X1 says has 484 mails, Outlook 2007 says has 242, exactly half. This pattern is repeating itself in all folders I've looked at.

I can imagine how this could somehow happen. But how do I fix it? I haven't changed the location of the specified psts. And the Outlook update apparently went without a problem.

I don't mind re-indexing. But if at all possible I'd like to avoid having to reset my general indexing criteria, especially for the all my document folders for Word, Excel, etc.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Maya Pinion

Postby tjh » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:04 am

I would suggest you clear your current Index. It's annoying to have to reindex, but it should fix the problem.

You won't lose any of your settings, just your Index.

Let us know how you get on.
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Kenward » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:01 am

I see this occasionally. X1 complains about a dud profile.

It hasn't happened in a couple of days. (I recently installed an X1 upgrade.) Maybe X1 did an index clean up in the meantime.

The user does not say which version of X1 they have. That might help anyone trying to diagnose the issue.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Maya Pinion » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi all. Thanks for the replies.

I cleared and rebuilt the indexes and that took care of it.

I'm not at my computer atm so I don't know the exact version. Probably not the most recent. I got it about a year ago and don't believe I've updated. I probably should.

Thanks again.
Maya Pinion

Postby tjh » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:56 am

Maya Pinion wrote:I'm not at my computer atm so I don't know the exact version. Probably not the most recent. I got it about a year ago and don't believe I've updated. I probably should.

Thanks again.

Good to hear it's fixed. You should upgrade, there are some important fixes in later versions.

Just be sure to check your license code before you do, if it's only 13 digits you can't upgrade past v6.2.3. If it's 16 digits you should be able to upgrade to 6.2.4 or 6.6

Tim
TiM
X1 Search v8.5.1 - 6001se (64 Bit)
tjh
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Re: After upgrading to Outlook 2007, X1 double counts each email

Postby zlatan24 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:27 am

Maya Pinion wrote:Hi. I just updated from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007.

After reindexing, X1 is apparently showing two instances of most if not all email items.

For one of them, it is able to show the contents in the preview pane. But for the other, I get the 'unable to locate' notice.

For example, a folder that X1 says has 484 mails, Outlook 2007 says has 242, exactly half. This pattern is repeating itself in all folders I've looked at.

I can imagine how this could somehow happen. But how do I fix it? I haven't changed the location of the specified psts. And the Outlook update apparently went without a problem.

I don't mind re-indexing. But if at all possible I'd like to avoid having to reset my general indexing criteria, especially for the all my document folders for Word, Excel, etc.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

I'm always workng with outlook emails,but yesterday I had a very unpleasant situation. Several emails were lost and I didn't know what to do next. But by sheer chance I entered the Internet and observed there - how i can recover pst information. After use this program I was discouraged,because of it restored my emails quite rapidly and for free as far as I remembered. Besides this tool showed me some of its abilities and after that I advised it my friends and they were glad it.
zlatan24

Re: After upgrading to Outlook 2007, X1 double counts each email

Postby Kenward » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 am

Before spending money on software tools to repair Outlook, first use kits own free tool, scanpst. (Search the archive for information on it.)

And don't use any of them until you have made a copy of the "broken" pst file.

Of course, the first move when trouble happens is to go back to that day's backup.

You don't make a daily backup? What are you thinking of?
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to General Discussion