X1 Invigorated!

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

X1 Invigorated!

Postby Old-Clicker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:15 pm

I've felt that X1 (Raptor) has been slowing down recently - going from "email" tab to "all" tab seemed to take an age. I noticed that this slowness was associated with Kaspersky Internet Security 10's avp.exe running at high CPU usage.
To cut a long story short, I've uninstalled KIS 10 and replaced it with the free Comodo Firewall (with Proactive Defense) and Microsoft's Security Essentials for Anti-virus.
I can't believe how much X1 has speeded up - it's gone from marginally tedious (but still usable) to really slick and a pleasure to interface with.
I have no association with any of the above companies, just an experienced user.
Old-Clicker

Re: X1 Invigorated!

Postby Greg Dawes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks for posting this information Old-Clicker.

It's always valuable to have information, such as this, on products which may have a direct effect on the performance of X1!

It would be interesting to know from other Kaspersky users, if they are also experiencing this slowness. So, if you're running Kasperky, please let us know how X1 is behaving.....thank you.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Re: X1 Invigorated!

Postby pstrisik » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and X1. I just have X1 as a trusted application and KIS doesn't look at its activity quite so intensely.
..............Peter
pstrisik
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Return to General Discussion