Major Performance, etc Issues with X1 8.0.1

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

Major Performance, etc Issues with X1 8.0.1

Postby pps » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

I have attempted to use X1 for about 2 years, as I really like the functionality when it does work for me. It seems that the more that I update, the more the issues that I seemingly always have come up more and more:

a) Complete consumption of the CPU - even when I try to limit indexing - in fact when it does this it is so consumed that it seems that it's too busy to 'stop indexing'
b) Hangups
c) Service has to restart
d) Takes a LONG time to come up with results

In general, the latest version of X1 that I just paid licensing for is SO frustrating that I cannot even figure out how what is wrong, why it is wrong, etc.

I'm running this on 2 different systems typically with 1M files indexed, and these are no low-end systems.

I'm not trying to stir the pot as I really need the functionality of X1, I've just never had an application that had so much of a performance issue that makes is very hit and usually miss trying to search for something.

I would appreaciate any X1 support that I could get to help fix the problems or any other tips.

rick
pps

Re: Major Performance, etc Issues with X1 8.0.1

Postby Kenward » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:39 am

To help folks to diagnose what might be going on, you could help by saying a bit about the specifications of your PC.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to General Discussion