X1 Search Rules

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

X1 Search Rules

Postby noel » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:35 am

Hello X1 Users,

The link below will take you to a document that details the basic X1 search rules. These rules apply to version 04.08

http://www.x1.com/cs/rules.html
Last edited by noel on Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noel Ferreria
noel
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Is the update ready to download?

Postby Bob Goethe » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:27 am

The new search capabilities look terrific, Noel. Thanks for your work on this.

I just got an email this morning from X1 which said, in part, "as a registered user, you get the upgrade at no cost."

I see that the version on my PC is 3.0.1. The web site says the current version is 4.08.

However, I cannot find an area on your web site where it says, "Download the update for registered users."

Should I download the trial version, and it will "know" that I am a registered user?

Thanks,
Bob Goethe
Bob Goethe

Re: Is the update ready to download?

Postby wixmith » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:03 am

Bob Goethe wrote:I just got an email this morning from X1 which said, in part, "as a registered user, you get the upgrade at no cost."

I see that the version on my PC is 3.0.1. The web site says the current version is 4.08.

However, I cannot find an area on your web site where it says, "Download the update for registered users."

Should I download the trial version, and it will "know" that I am a registered user?

Thanks,
Bob Goethe

I found this:

10. How do I update my copy of X1 Search?
The easiest and fastest way to update your copy of X1 Search is to download it from our site. If there is a significant difference between the copy of X1 you're currently running and the one you download, you may have to rebuild your index, and this could take a while if you have a large number of email messages or files.
-wick
wixmith
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

update

Postby Bob Goethe » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:48 am

Thanks, Wick. This worked like a charm. I downloaded the "trial version" and it had no difficulty at all in sorting out that I was a registered user.

Bob
Bob Goethe
Bob Goethe

Return to General Discussion