Preview window fails to show previews

Please post all issues related to the X1 Search 8.4 Beta Here!

Moderator: Mods

Preview window fails to show previews

Postby snickerbarz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:54 am

When X1 is launched, the Preview window displays the contents of the file currently selected in X1.

But if I subsequently click on a file of any kind, the 'Loading Preview' message appears in the Preview window and the spinner spins for 5-30 seconds or so. Then the spinner stops, and the contents of the Preview window still haven't changed from what they showed when X1 was launched.

I've tried to preview all types of files. Sometimes the spinner goes on for a very long time and the window still fails to display a preview of the current file.

I'm on X1 8.5 6001qm x64 but I've had this problem ever since I first installed X1 Search 8 around 4 days ago. (I just switched from the old 6.7 version.).

I need my Preview window to display previews immediately and correctly. What do you think is the problem?
snickerbarz

Re: Preview window fails to show previews

Postby SteveMRose » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 am

I have the same issue since just upgrading. My previous ver 8 did not have this issue and it is just so frustrating. What can be done to correct this issue? I have found that exiting X1 and restarting will correct this some of the time but not all.
PLEASE- fix this.
steve rose
SteveMRose

Postby afei0912 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:13 pm

I have this problem,too.
afei0912

Postby blocke00 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:30 am

Same problem I am having. The search seems to work, but the preview just shows the spinner wheel and will alternate between "Loading Preview", "Connecting to Search Service..." and then says "Ready" but never displays the file. Any suggestions?
blocke00

Postby harry66 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 am

Similar problem here after upgrade.

Takes an age after starting X1 - just shows ' Loading Preview' for a while and then eventually shows preview content.

Using 6001qm
harry66

Postby harry66 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:11 am

harry66 wrote:Similar problem here after upgrade.

Takes an age after starting X1 - just shows ' Loading Preview' for a while and then eventually shows preview content.

Using 6001qm

I raised a ticket and was given the following solution which appears to work:

Raised a ticket for this and was given the following solution:
1. Be sure to quit X1 using Exit under the main menu and verify it is completely shut down via the processes tab in task manger.
2. Go to C:\users\username\appdata\local\x1 search (this is the default location of X1’s data directory).
3. Locate a file named init.html and delete it.

I did the above after a reboot and seems to be working now....
harry66

Return to X1® Search 8.5 Release