Filtering by searchable

Please post all issues related to the X1 Search 8.4 Beta Here!

Moderator: Mods

Filtering by searchable

Postby robertoleonardo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:59 pm

I often need to figure out which PDFs I haven't ocr'ed, so i use a '0' to filter in the searchable column...worked fine for a beat, but now I am just getting random PDFs that have a 1 in that column showing up notwithstanding the filter. What am i doing wrong?

And I've deleted and rebuilt the index - none of these files are files i only ran OCR on since the original indexing, so even if that might explain the lag otherwise (though it'd still be odd - because the point remains that the value in the column is updated to 1), it isn't the explanation here.
robertoleonardo

Re: Filtering by searchable

Postby Jogy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:32 am

Hi,

Are by chance those PDFs contained in a zip file (or other archive?)

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby robertoleonardo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Ah my apologies on the delay (I must not have email notifications on), and thanks for your input.

Anyhow: there are maybe 200-300 docs that I've seen have this issue for a beat, but only 10 or 20 of those tend to be experiencing it at any given time. (i.e.: even for those that do occasionally have this issue, 95% of the time even these guys are marked with a 1 and are being filtered as properly as a 1. Then again, that it's the same files (a tiny fraction of the searchable PDFs on my hard drive) over and over, does also kind of suggest it's something about these particular files that throw x1 off sometimes. But I've looked into whether they're PDF portfolios, in zips, have some weird security settings/encryption/read only status, etc. and I"m not seeing any real red flags.

The problem's gotten marginally better since my original post, but it does still randomly happen and sometimes goes away with a forced update of the index [but, until i force the update, it lingers - even through subsequent scheduled updates], and sometimes I've had to just delete the index and let it start over. Not a big deal but it happens consistently enough to be a bit annoying. I guess I'll just see what happens with the next version.

[quasi related: i'm a new X1 user so wasn't around for the last round of releases...what's a guy gotta do to get his hands on a beta 'round here? I'm really good at hugging software so hard that it breaks...]
robertoleonardo

Postby Jogy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:48 am

robertoleonardo wrote:
[quasi related: i'm a new X1 user so wasn't around for the last round of releases...what's a guy gotta do to get his hands on a beta 'round here? I'm really good at hugging software so hard that it breaks...]

Hi,

the betas are public and are announced in these forums. Not every release has a public beta though, it depends on many factors.

Regards,

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to X1® Search 8.5 Release