Can X1 use a completely different profile than Outlook's?

Please post all issues related to X1 Search 8 Releases here!

Moderator: Mods

Can X1 use a completely different profile than Outlook's?

Postby Forumqnis » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm using X1 Search 8.2 Beta (64-bit) with Windows 7.

For whatever reason, in X1 I've always used the same mail profile as the one I use in Outlook. However, in Outlook, I only really access five different accounts, and never the 35 other PSTs that X1 indexes. So, is it ok to use a separate profile that I create just for X1, which would include my five email accounts plus the 35 PST files, and then use a different profile in Outlook that would just have the five email accounts? I assume so, and the answer may be obvious to some of you here, but I just want to double-check first since I've never done it that way.

The reason I want to do it this way is because every several months Outlook's mail profiles get corrupted and need to be manually recreated, so it would be much easier to do that if each time I didn't have to manually add all the PST files to the profile I use in Outlook.

Thank you.
Forumqnis
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Re: Can X1 use a completely different profile than Outlook's

Postby Kenward » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:15 am

I use two Outlook Mail profiles for the same function.

My main profile is really just there for the PST that is in daily use. This profile is where I hold current email from the man6y different accounts I seem to have acquired,.

The other profile, imaginatively called Archive,, has no email accounts associated with it, but it is linked to a handful of PSTs that hold old email that arrives there when the main profile runs its archive routines.

I started using this regime because I read about it here in the early days of my use of X1.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to X1® Search 8 Releases