Connection with X1 Service has been lost.

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

Connection with X1 Service has been lost.

Postby SearchGirl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:33 pm

I have a new trial installation of X1 and am trying to do an initial indexing of a gmail account. I am connected to gmail, apparently without issue.

The index is about 20% done, and I repeatedly get the following message from X1:

"Connection with X1 Service has been lost. A restart may fix this problem. Would you like to restart X1?" Options to Restart and Exit.

I choose to Restart, or I Exit and then restart, and the indexing resumes for a while, and then it happens again.

The computer is otherwise not being used.

Any ideas?
SearchGirl

Re: Connection with X1 Service has been lost.

Postby SearchGirl » Wed May 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Still using the trial, so far, mostly only for indexing Gmail. For the most part, it is working. But there are some issues.

When I go to Data Sources, and click Scan Now for the Gmail account (I have it set to "never repeat" the search), the index update starts, usually somewhere around 65%, and it counts up to close to 90%, and then it just stops, and indicates "Error." I have not noticed any particular folder indicated when this happens.

It also occasionally indicates that it has lost the connection to the service. Sometimes it reconnects, other times it offers the option to restart X1. When I take that option, X1 restarts, and continues indexing, usually at a lower percentage than where it left off, and at that point it either continues until it again stops with an indication of "Error", or it again loses connection to the service.

As best I can tell, this is not due to the conditions described in the "sticky" post "Unable to connect to X1 Service" at the top of this forum. I'm not running any backup software, etc.

I believe the initial scan indicated it completed successfully. But am wondering about these errors.

Thank you.
SearchGirl

Postby SearchGirl » Thu May 02, 2019 2:45 pm

As my trial will expire in just a few more days, I'd really like to get to the bottom of the lost connection to the service, which is happening every few minutes or so.

Sometimes it is able to reconnect for a few minutes. Then it happens again, and it eventually just give me the option to either Exit or Restart X1.

I have added a second Gmail account but at this rate more time is spent restarting X1 than actually doing the initial scan.

Any ideas?
SearchGirl

Postby Jogy » Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 am

Hi,

please check the X1 logs subfolder (by default C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\X1 Search\logs), for the file X1ServiceHost.log. Open that file in a text editor and look for any GMail-related errors that may show what is the problem.

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to General Discussion V8