How to delete old PST reference after moving it?

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

How to delete old PST reference after moving it?

Postby hbae » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:28 am

So as part of my OneDrive migration, I moved my older PST files to a new subdirectory (outside of OneDrive). There is a "Documents" folder that's local only. And "Documents" folder that OneDrive automatically backs up. These are older PSTs so every time X1 ran, OneDrive wanted to back them up. Hence the move.

So now, X1 index can find the email, but can't show anything in the preview. Because the original PST is no longer in the location X1 thinks it is. I tried deleting the index, resetting X1 settings, and uninstalling X1 (w/o saving the settings).

Is there a way to get rid of the PSTs that were added to X1 en masse? After uninstalling and reinstalling, all the PSTs were still listed.

Thank you
hbae

Re: How to delete old PST reference after moving it?

Postby hbae » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 pm

I ending up just manually deleting the old PST files. Too bad they don't have a "can't find it, do you want to search for it?" Or the ability to mass delete the PST files instead of one at a time.
hbae

Return to General Discussion V8