Searching only the body of email?

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

Searching only the body of email?

Postby kblount » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:32 pm

I've been having what I thought was a problem with v8.* that I am not having with v6.7.*, but now I realize it's not that v8.* is not working, its that it is working too well. I'm searching for the following term: "7642-0100-030T" (with the quotes included), and it's bringing up just about ever email with the term 7642 in them. I could not figure why this was, but then I realized that the term "7642-0100-030T" is included in an attachment with just about every email.

The problem is that I want to search for the text "7642-0100-030T" within the body of the email, but NOT the attachment. How do I exclude results from attachments or only view results within the body of the email? I think I can globally exclude file types, but I don't want to nuke the entire filetype to exclude results in this one instance.
kblount

Re: Searching only the body of email?

Postby kblount » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Well... I just realized that v8.* has an option under the "everything" tab for email or email and attachments that is not available under the Outlook option. Once I selected this, everything worked as I needed it. One odd thing, though, is that it will not highlight my search term within the preview window with the search described above. Sometimes it does, but with this term, it leaves it to the user to find the text within the email. Is this just a bug?
kblount

Return to General Discussion V8