Highlighting Search Text in Preview Panel

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

Highlighting Search Text in Preview Panel

Postby kblount » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:29 am

I cannot figure out if I'm using 8.x incorrectly or if this is just a function that was removed from 6.x.x. I've got my laptop (newest version of X1) sitting next to my desktop (last version of 6.x.x), and when I search for certain text in emails, the search term is highlighted in the preview window of 6.x.x, but not in 8.x. Text in the columns to the left of the preview panel is highlighted in 8.x (and 6.x), but not within the preview panel itself of 8.x.

Is there some option I am supposed to enable to get this functionality back in the newer version?
kblount

Re: Highlighting Search Text in Preview Panel

Postby kblount » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Well, I've figured out the why, but not a solution around it. Our models have dashes in them, and whenever "-" is part of the search term, highlighting in X1 8.x goes off the rails. I've tried enclosing my search term in quotes, but that does not help either. As long as I search without the dash included, things highlight as I expect them to, but if I try to exclude a search term using the "-" notation or use one of our model numbers with the dash, things go haywire.
kblount

Re: Highlighting Search Text in Preview Panel

Postby Kenward » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Tried using a space instead of dash? " abcdef "

Your naming system seems to include a character that X1 interprets as an operator.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to General Discussion V8