How to create brand new index?

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

How to create brand new index?

Postby geekmee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:13 pm

I want to start over from scratch and have X1 build (not rebuild) a new index based on the new Outlook profile that was just created for me by my helpdesk.

After the new Outlook profile was built, some categories like Outlook Inbox selection on the left in X1 are returning "No Results"
So I would just like to have X1 start over from scratch so it picks the new Outlook profile to build its index.

I am sorry for this simple request, especially since I have been using X1 for years. But I have been losing too much time and have become frustrated by looking for these simple steps.
I am sure it's right under my nose... So I would be fine with just a link to the requested steps for building an index from scratch.

https://help.x1.com/hc/en-us/articles/2 ... X1-Search-

(Since I have limited administrator privileges on this laptop, and Outlook is connected to Exchange in the 'cloud', I would like to avoid doing a reinstall.)

Ok, I did find this link and I will try following these instructions first:
https://help.x1.com/hc/en-us/articles/2 ... -correctly

I will report back after this finishes.

Thanks

-Greg
geekmee

Re: How to create brand new index?

Postby geekmee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Success!!... as the article suggested, I ran scanpst.exe on each of the PST files (about eight PST files ) for each year of messages.

I Googled "fixing PST", and found that Outlook's utility scanpst.exe is notoriously poor at eliminating all errors.... I ran into extensive discussion threads on this topic going back several versions of Outlook.

In my case, I re-ran the utility multiple, I kept re-running the scanpst.exe on the PTS files until it reported these as "only minor errors."
I never could get it to eliminate all errors.

X1 v8.6003 Ch (64-bit) is now showing all files in each of the file categories selected on the left.

-Greg
geekmee

Return to General Discussion V8