Data Source Management

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

Data Source Management

Postby bretsharon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:55 am

I want to edit the gathering in Data Sources so that it never repeats and only does the gathering when I manually want it. But when a restart x1, it all goes back to 30 minutes. How do I get it to retain my setting? How do I stop indexing to occur only when I want it to index? I take it that one does not control the other
bretsharon

Re: Data Source Management

Postby Kenward » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:08 pm

bretsharon wrote:I want to edit the gathering in Data Sources so that it never repeats and only does the gathering when I manually want it.

What does this mean?

By "gathering" do you mean "indexing"?
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby bretsharon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 am

"Gathering" is not the word X1 uses on the "Data Source/Edit Schedule" menu. It s/h/b "Collection Schedule." If you open the edit menu, it is set at 30 minutes, but I don't want that. I want the last option which is, "Never Repeat". Which happens initially, but then it resets back to 30 minutes. I'd like to keep the option I pick.
bretsharon

Postby Jogy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:02 am

Hi,

you mean that when you change the schedule for example for the Files scanner to "Never repeat", then you restart the UI and it is reset back to every 30 minutes?

Can you try the same with for example adding a new Imap/Gmail/Yahoo account and see if the scheduling option is remembered there?

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby chomsnl1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:06 am

I use Oracle Beehive as backend. X1 works fine, but not all data sources (folders in Beehive) appear to be indexed by X1. When I want to update the data sources, it just sits there "loading" and never shows the Beehive folders. Any suggestion?
chomsnl1

Return to General Discussion V8