connection with the x1 service has been lost

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

connection with the x1 service has been lost

Postby askhak@hotmail.com » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Long time user of X1 (old version -- 6 and earlier). Just built a new Windows 7 Pro (16 Gig Core i5 machine) and only have Office 2013 on it. I just purchased a copy of X1 8 and installed it on the machine. Worked great for about 2 days, and now I am getting "connection with the x1 service has been lost". I have uninstalled several times - removing all cache. Nothing, still get this error - X1 is completely unusable. The thing I am disappointed about is although I just purchased the X1 software, I have to pay X1 guys $25 to talk to someone and find out what the problem is. So, if any of you X1 guys are reading this -- what is the story?

Thanks,
HH
askhak@hotmail.com

Re: connection with the x1 service has been lost

Postby Kenward » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:50 pm

askhak@hotmail.com wrote:The thing I am disappointed about is although I just purchased the X1 software, I have to pay X1 guys $25 to talk to someone and find out what the problem is.

Your purchase comes with immediate support. In any case, X1's usual response to support problems is not to prise open your wallet but to try to help.

They do hang around here, but it might be quicker to lob in a support request.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Chris Wheaton » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:57 am

askhak@hotmail.com - as Kenward stated X1 usually replies to a client in need. We cannot evaluate a case of this nature effectively in the user forums; we would recommend you submit a case: http://www.x1.com/support/x1_search_submit_case.html

Make sure to run the diagnostic executable linked in the form and submit the results with your case submission. We will review and advise.
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby askhak@hotmail.com » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:35 am

I just called and left a message at 877.999.1347 and the recording stated "..in order to speak with our excellent support, you must have a support service contract.." I did go ahead an leave a message to call me -- hopefully I will get a return phone call.
Thanks,
HH
askhak@hotmail.com

Postby askhak@hotmail.com » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:54 am

Update -- after I called X1 and left a message, it only took X1 about 5 minutes to call me back!!! We are still working through the issue, however, it is irrelevant to me whether or not we are successful in getting it resolved. What is most important to me is X1's quick (and real live person) connection with me in a very expeditious manner that makes me happy I purchased the software.

Thanks,
HH
askhak@hotmail.com

Return to General Discussion V8