Continuous Indexing Issues with X1 V8

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

Continuous Indexing Issues with X1 V8

Postby edelstec » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:00 am

Hello everyone - I have the latest version of X1 Search V8 - I have multiple mailboxes and PST's with over a million e-mails - ever so often I'll completely lose my index, and my issue now is that it shows items indexed, but under Outlook All E-mail it shows No Results - I am thinking I need to uninstall/re-install, but was wondering if this software can handle such a load, and/or if there are any options I could select to improve?

The other issue is sometimes when indexing my PC will become completely unusable, and I have to end tasks in Task Manager to get it to where I can function again - this can happen I believe even when I pause indexing for the data source.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
edelstec

Re: Continuous Indexing Issues with X1 V8

Postby edelstec » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:05 pm

I've now re-installed twice, removed directories, registry settings, and now it's completely refusing to index, it might get to about 200k e-mails then down to 5k, nothing available in search. Same with files. Data sources look appropriate. Please help!! Thanks.
edelstec

Postby cjpeltz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:13 pm

I am having a similar issue myself (just posted a new reply as I didn't see this one first).

Were you ever able to solve your problem?
cjpeltz

Postby poy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:41 am

Hi,
Same problem here.
I come to the conclusion that X1 is no longer working properly for more advanced users.
I tried it on several Notebooks and it simply can't handle more than ~4 mio items.
Very sad. It used to be a great tool a couple of years ago.
Kind regards
p
()
- < ( Connection with X1 Service has been lost. A restart does not fix this Problem. Would you like to restart X1?
()

Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM Processor 3.70 GHz - 24GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD - Win7 Ultimate 64bit
poy
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Return to General Discussion V8