Two urgent issues, ver 8.6 6003ch

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Two urgent issues, ver 8.6 6003ch

Postby jussi_x1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello,

issue #1
after updating to version 8.6 6003ch the preview function has become awfully slow;
it takes 34 seconds to preview anything (word documents, emails, etc). There is no file-io,
and no cpu usage, just the circling dots.

issue #2
I have configured X1 search so that it exits when the window is closed (because long MAPI
calls tend to slow down the whole computer). However, sometimes X1Outlookservice.exe
remains running, and it pushes the platform timer resolution to 1000ns thereby significantly
increasing power consumption. Why does it change the timer resolution and could it be forced
to exit when main window closes?

feature request
I would like to have multiple X1 windows open simultaneously. This would help parallel searches,
where the search material consists different types of files (e.g. the keywords are different)
jussi_x1

Re: Two urgent issues, ver 8.6 6003ch

Postby girishk » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:18 am

jussi_x1 wrote:Hello,

issue #1
after updating to version 8.6 6003ch the preview function has become awfully slow;
it takes 34 seconds to preview anything (word documents, emails, etc). There is no file-io,
and no cpu usage, just the circling dots.

issue #2
I have configured X1 search so that it exits when the window is closed (because long MAPI
calls tend to slow down the whole computer). However, sometimes X1Outlookservice.exe
remains running, and it pushes the platform timer resolution to 1000ns thereby significantly
increasing power consumption. Why does it change the timer resolution and could it be forced
to exit when main window closes?

feature request
I would like to have multiple X1 windows open simultaneously. This would help parallel searches,
where the search material consists different types of files (e.g. the keywords are different)

I am facing the same issue. Also, search indexing is not real time anymore. It just freezes and i need to pause and start it again.
girishk

Re: Two urgent issues, ver 8.6 6003ch

Postby derkan » Wed May 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Similar issue for me. After upgrading to 8.6 6003ch. Indexing hangs, seems to continue after exiting and restarting X1, only to hang again soon. Can't complete the initial index. Tried using the Delete Index function to rebuild but getting the same result. At one point a partial index was created, showing each email multiple times in the search, and never showing email previews. These are all things that worked well in 8.5. Any solutions/workarounds?
derkan

Return to Bugs V8