Profile Corruption / Logins

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Profile Corruption / Logins

Postby mvinarcik » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:35 am

After a recent Office 365 update, X1 now forces me to repeatedly login to my e-mail accounts (even when I check "store credentials."

Even worse, it's corrupted my profile on two occasions (seems to mess up my @msn.com e-mail account). I've figured out that if I made a different e-mail the default I can just remove it and re-add (the first time I had to re-create my entire profile).

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
mvinarcik

Re: Profile Corruption / Logins

Postby Kenward » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:55 am

mvinarcik wrote:After a recent Office 365 update, X1 now forces me to repeatedly login to my e-mail accounts (even when I check "store credentials."

What is the exact message that you see?

I get constant popups from "Windows Credentials" requiring me to sign in.

It doesn't always seem to be from X1. Sometimes Outlook.

I also wonder if it was an Office update. Or maybe Windows.

I'll try to grab a screen shot when it next happens.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Kenward » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:50 am

This is what I see:

MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby mrwul » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Same problem here. Saving/remembering credentials, or not, it makes no difference, the prompt for credentials shows up every first time you launch X1
and only when it starts to index Outlook data.
When X1 is launched in 'all connectors paused' mode and one would only start the indexing files, then the prompt will not show up.

Just click [Cancel] - Outlook data will be indexed anyhow.

Have submitted a support ticket, they are investigating, but so far no solutions.

Am using the latest Office 365 version.
Note that I 'upgraded' from Office 2016 single user license to Office 365 last year.
Allegedly the solution might(!) be to create a new profile. I didn't do that, simply because I then need to recreate profiles for a bunch of POP3 accounts as well.
Re-Attach archive mailboxes, bla bla. Too much work.
-

mrwul
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Kenward » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:39 am

Thanks for confirming that it isn't just me.

I use password software that can fill in the details, but is is a nuisance.
MK
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby SimonH » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:19 am

I'm also having this exact issue (the repeated log in challenge). Have not experienced the issue of it corrupting my profile (AFAIK/ yet!).
I get the same log in dialog box described by mrwul, under the same circumstances. Sometimes just once a day, sometimes it seems to pop up everytime the indexing runs.
To get it to work I seem to have to delete the prefix "MicrosoftAccount\" in front of my MS account name (email address) and then supply my password. Click on remember credentials makes no difference.
I think this has been happening since about the end of May when I returned from a holiday and presumably got the latest Office 365 updates.
Driving me crazy, I've tried deleting windows credentials, tried deleting and rebuilding my Outlook mailboxes, and tried a full X1 reinstall. No joy. PLEASE somebody solve this one.
Thanks
S
SimonH

Postby mrwul » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 pm

The pop-up shows up when X1 starts indexing only (when X1 is analysing profiles).
Click [Cancel] solves this.
Vainly spent quite some time trying to figure out why this happens.

When running ProcMon I noticed that X1OutlookService32.exe is calling on a non existing registry key, named HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security.
(note the \Policies\Policies\ 2x policies)

Anyway, I let it go. Hopefully there will be a patch one day.
mrwul
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby hbradlow » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:34 pm

I have exactly the same problem.

However, even when I press cancel on the popup it won't index Outlook. It simply stops the indexing process.

I tried putting in an app password into the popup (I am using multi-factor authentication on my outlook.com accounts) but this corrupted my Outlook profile (I get a message saying "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service"). I also tried putting in the actual password for the account (the one which then should require a second factor authentication) but X1 ignored this and just asked me for the password again.

I had to recreate the Outlook profile in order to get Outlook working again.

What I have established is that X1 has a problem with the latest version of Outlook (I am using Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11901.20204) 64-bit) and multi-factor authentication. I am using the latest version of X1 Search 8 (version 8.6.1 6003fa (64-b9it)
hbradlow

Postby mrwul » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 am

Probably creating a new profile is the only way to solve this. It is really weird though and I think X1 should come up with a patch or something.
If it is only 1 account, recreating a profile isn't too much work. Outside 365 on Exchange I have multiple POP3 accounts and subsequent .pst files, archive .pst files and so on..
Those profiles need to be recreated as well , I assume.
With me, Outlook is still being indexed, even when I click on [Cancel] at the credentials pop up.
So I guess I leave it this way.
Sad to see that more people have this problem, however, X1 developers seem not to address this issue.
mrwul
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby SimonH » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:15 am

Does anyone from X1 ever respond on these forums? Astounded that it took fully two weeks for my previous post just to be approved by a moderator!!
Or is this just the frustrating way of corralling everyone to pay $20 for paid support? My concern would be that I might pay $20 for support then still not get a resolution.
SimonH

Return to Bugs V8