Search 'forgets' search text (8.6.2 6009bl (64-bit))

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Search 'forgets' search text (8.6.2 6009bl (64-bit))

Postby Simon C » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:25 pm

I have a number of different file searches saved on my favourites bar. In the main, regardless of which columns are displayed, these searches consist of different filters in the Name and Path columns. That all seems to work OK.

If I have one favourite search selected and I type a search string into the main text search box it all works fine. If I click on a different favourites tab it switches to that tab OK and if I switch back to the first tab it redisplays my search results and correctly remembers the search text that I'd typed in before - so the results are filtered by both the column filters pre-defined in the search and also by the search text which I'd previously entered.

However, if instead of typing in a search string, I select one from the ten most recent search strings from the dropdown list it all works fine initially. If I click on a different favourites tab then again it switches to that tab OK. But, if I switch back to the first tab it no longer remembers the search text that I was using before and the results consist of a full list of files filtered only by the Name and Path values in my saved search. The search text has disappeared and I have to either re-enter it or re-select it from the 'most recent' list.

Regardless of which pair of favourite searches I use, this behaviour is perfectly reproducible - if I type in a search string it's remembered in this way, if I select one from the most recent list it's forgotten.

Bit inconsistent, isn't it?
Simon C

Re: Search 'forgets' search text (8.6.2 6009bl (64-bit))

Postby Jogy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Yes, this is a bug.

We have recently fixed it, and the fix will be included in the next release of X1.

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Re: Search 'forgets' search text (8.6.2 6009bl (64-bit))

Postby Simon C » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 am

That's excellent news. The irregular behaviour had been bugging me (no pun intended) for a while, but it was only just before I posted that I'd worked out when it happened and when it didn't. Before then it had just seemed random.
Simon C

Return to Bugs V8