Maximize window button doesn't fill entire screen

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Maximize window button doesn't fill entire screen

Postby x1yoga » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:29 am

Hitting the 'maximize window' icon in the X1 title bar doesn't fully maximize the window on my 16:10 1920:1200 monitor. It leaves a 16 pixel wide black bar along the right edge and a 16 pixel tall black bar all along the lower window edge (above the taskbar). Using Win10's built in 'snap' feature (drag title bar against top of screen) does maximize the window correctly.

It's more than just a visual annoyance: throwing the mouse pointer in the top right corner and left-clicking doesn't close the 'maximized' window because the close icon is now 16 pixels to the left of the top right corner. Please fix.
x1yoga

Re: Maximize window button doesn't fill entire screen

Postby mdlynam » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:40 pm

I see something related to this, too. X1 is set to launch maximized, but only fills a portion of the screen. It's positioned in the 'northwest' of the monitor. From there, I have maximize again.

Minor irritant, but it'd be nice to have X1 always launch maximized.
mdlynam

Re: Maximize window button doesn't fill entire screen

Postby x1yoga » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:34 am

@mdlynam Sounds like your glitch might be related. Something's off about Window sizing.

The one saving grace is that at least clicking on the black strip in the top-right corner doesn't close the app behind X1. Still, kind of an odd glitch to keep around, any chance this gets fixed in the near term?

Side note, I tried using "Search Forums with X1" to find which Admin most recently posted, but the most recent indexed posts are from August 2019. That doesn't look great. :shock:
x1yoga

Return to Bugs V8