X1 8.5 an IMAP

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

X1 8.5 an IMAP

Postby Milei » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 am

Hi,
we are using a program called "Mailstore" to archive mails from Outlook. This program also works as an IMAP-Server, so we can index these in mailstore archived mails directly in X1, which is really great, even as we, since the new version from X1, can open these mails with outlook ("open in external application"). But when i open such a mail in Outlook and make let's say a reply, then after sending the reply and closing the (unchanged) "IMAP-Mail", suddenly this IMAP-Mail appears in the inbox from Outlook. This happens directly after closing the mail and it is repeatable. I hope you can change this behaviour because it is a little bit annoying to delete such a mail every time after opening it with outlook.

Greetings
Michael
Milei
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Re: X1 8.5 an IMAP

Postby Milei » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:18 am

Is there nobody who has any idea or is nobody using IMAP with X1?

Greetings
Michael
Milei
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Postby Kenward » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Just tried this with an IMAP account but I don't know which Inbox you are talking about. I don't see it in any of my inboxes.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Milei » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:35 am

Hi Kenward,

thank you for your answer. Because my english isn't so good, i try it with screenshots:

1: Let's say i find an IMAP-Mail in X1 with the subject "FIBU".

2+3: I open it in "external application" which is in my case Outlook. For explanation: I use the Archive-Program "Mailstore" as an IMAP-Server but Outlook is not directly connected with this IMAP-Server. So when i open such an IMAP-Mail with Outlook, Outlook doesn't "know" if this mail is already in its mailbox. It is like opening an EML-File from Filesystem in Outlook.

4: At this moment there is nothing special in my inbox in Outlook. (You see the last mail ist the X1 notification because of your answer :-)

5: Then i use the in outlook opened to reply to this. I close the "original" (in Screenshot 3 opened) Mail and send the reply (or save it in the drafts)

6: At this moment (the moment of sending the reply, not the moment of closing the original) the in Screenshot 3 opened Mail appears in the inbox from outlook.

Greetings
Michael
Milei
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Return to Bugs V8